Pics and Bios of Current Governing Body

by purplesofa 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

Barr was dunked in 1932 at the age of 19..... but not admitted to London Bethel until 1939. While it could be argued that being raised BS he always felt anointed, being so young at the time of Rutherford changing the interpretation makes many believe he didn't profess until after 1935. Either way I haven't heard of an interview where he discusses his calling.

Barber (1905-2007) was the only serious contender under the 1935 sealing, so with his passing so did the interpretation.

Yeah... Geof really really freaked my mom out.....as he is younger then her.

There are still ongoing bets who will croak first.....Ted or Jack. Jack might be old but he is a no-stress kind of guy while Ted has a known history of heart problems and migraines, he also feels more of a need to assert himself unlike Barr who is content to just sit back and let it ride.

• musky
    musky

Purplesofa, Thank you for posting this info. I feel it is important for people who are affected by the Watchtower, to know who the leaders are.

I often hear about financial corruption,and was wondering if the brothers who are pictured here are living a "rich" lifestyle. I have heard of Rutherford buying Cadillacs, but not much after that. Are these men laying out on the beach, riding in limos, eating steak and lobster every night on the backs of those who go door to door and keep the corporation going?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I know this information has had new light, but I wanted to post this for those that might want to say that the GB did not say it and that the R&F took it upon themselves to decipher it how they wanted to as some do with the discussion about the 1975 prediction have done.

*** w67 11/15 p. 694 par. 10 Orders for Worldwide Fishing ***
    Apparently, b y the years 1931-1935 all symbolic fish suitable for the kingdom of the heavens had been caught to complete the foreordained number of 144,000 joint heirs of Christ.

*** w68 3/1 p. 147 par. 27 Rejoicing in the God of True Worship *** As in the pattern, the remaining members of the anointed remnant of Christ’s followers w ere gathered in, particularly until 1931-1935 notice the question:

*** w68 3/1 Rejoicing in the God of True Worship *** 27, 28. (a) How was the gathering completed, and at what may God’s people now rejoice? *** w69 7/15 p. 433 par. 6 Sacrifices That Are Acceptable to God *** . He delivered his anointed remnant of spiritual Israelites from captivity to Babylon the Great in 1919 and set them to work in his service. When it was apparent that the gathering in of all his anointed remnant was completed about 1935 , he set them to gathering in those who would make up the “great crowd,” *** w70 5/1 p. 275 An Ingathering Affecting All Mankind *** EDUCATION FOR LIFE 12 Since 1935 C.E. the anointed wheatlike “sons [heirs] of the kingdom,” who have been harvested
  • villabolo
    villabolo

Repeat after me everyone:

I AM OZ!

And now Toto has pulled the curtain and revealed The Wizard's Jehovah's puppeteers. Unfortunately, unlike the Wizard of Oz, very few people do pay close attention to the men behind the curtain.

Thanks for the pictures and bios Purlplesofa.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Ah, no wonder they revised that cut off date for the majority of spirit annointed at 1935! Most of these guys weren't a glint in their daddy's eyes in 1935. And that generation stuff, well the ship on that one sailed a LONG TIME AGO!

My parents are 71 and were born in 1938. Do the math! There aren't that many people who make the Willard Scott 100 years old birthday club!

They'd be the Gibbering Body if all of them were old enough to partake before 1935!

Yeah, that was mean. I don't care. LOL

• ziddina
    ziddina

Holy Slartibartfast! They look like Vogons!!!

So long and thanks for all the fish,

Too bad it had to come to this,

We tried to warn you all, but, Oh dear!....

Zid

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

blondie said;

Where's Jesus in this relationship?

Supposedly these people are going to reign with Christ in heaven, are part of the Bride of Christ..........

Very good point. They all seem to have ignored their bridegroom and instead have an intimate relationship with their father-in-law to be.

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

now are 9 GB??? very young somebody

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Would it be possible to start a thread for people to contribute photos and bios of local leaders...like PO's and CO's?

I think that could prove to be very interesting.

Would it be legal to do that?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

nice profiles whatever else you say about them they have made a full commitment to Jehovah in their lifes.

Reniaa, you may want to read Crisis of Conscience. You would realize your beleif here is fantasy....at elast not of the Jehovah of the Bible. Perhaps a created jehovah that does not exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit