The Case for God

by UnDisfellowshipped 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• restrangled
    restrangled

Interestingly enough, 2 days ago I watched a special from National Geographic on the history of understanding the universe. The be all end all was Einstien's theory of relativity...the biggest part being gravity.

He did not want to believe in a universe that had a beginning, despite everything that pointed to that very possibility. It has been proven that the universe is continually expanding, which means it had a start. It is not infinite in the reverse.

Do I believe there is a god..yes.

I love quantum physics, the string theory, black holes etc.

But to me the simplest answers are in the beauty of nature. I raise orchids, and various exotic flowers. Have you ever looked at a passion flower?...it is spectacular. The scent is captivating.

Animals to me are also special. Have you ever watched a race horse, or been an owner of a special pedigreed dog.?

I also collect Agates.....and butterflys.

None of the above in my opinion are by chance....They are gifts from god.

This small section of the earth is not just by chance. There was a designer.....no question in my opinion..

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

drwtsn32,

Homer said that the reason why beliefs in God or gods exist is because people have ignorance. He then said that as knowledge increases, belief in God or gods is going away more and more.

So, I was asking if he was implying that the billions of Theists only believe in God or gods because they are ignorant.

• watson
    watson

They are not ignorant at all. "God" just fills a need for them. Boundries, etc.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Watson said:

"They are not ignorant at all. "God" just fills a need for them. Boundries, etc."

Just like your unbelief fills a need for you. lol :-)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    None of the above in my opinion are by chance....They are gifts from god.

You have been misinformed if you think evolution and natural selection is "chance."

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I base my comments on factual evidence, to deny mankind's past ignorances of the world we live,

you would also have to deny mans advancement of the knowledge of this world.

If and when the evidence of a spiritual being appears then it will be acknowledged to all.

To believe in spirits or a god off of stories told thousands of years ago from (ignorant) primitive men is hardly effective of establishing a base fact.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Homer has a one track mind, and it is a well oiled track at that.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It must be my lack of imagination

• Perry
    Perry
    To believe in spirits or a god off of stories told thousands of years ago from (ignorant) primitive men is hardly effective of establishing a base fact.

Homer,

Just as a reminder. God did take on flesh and present himself before some of the highest prelates of the land at that time. That event radically changed world history. You have simply made the personal choice to discount that event and not believe the evidence because it exists in a different time period than "Right Now In Your Face".

If and when the evidence of a spiritual being appears then it will be acknowledged to all.

There is a "right now in your face" event coming. Unfortunately, those that believed not the first, will not fare very well on the second when it comes to establishing the "base facts" you desire.

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.- 2 Thess. 2

Good Bye Jesus....hello Annanuki/Sumerian,UFO,Greys,Nordics etc., etc., etc.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Very profound comments Perry you truly are notable spirit, but to reiterate back to my previous comments

your particular god of choice was derived from ancient stories of mythology, why hasn't there been any evidence

of your god in the last 2000 years, such as talking animals, talking burning bushes, people being turned into a pillar of salt,

people being swallowed by giant fishes only to be spit out a few days latter just smelly and pissed off. Those are the kinds

evidential facts that would make me a knower not a believer of your god.

So Perry do you have some evidence of your god that you could provide so that myself and others could believe as you do

outside of ancient manuscripts written by ignorant primitive men, thousands of years ago ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit