The Brain of a Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have to wonder what actually is in their heads,

I called a former elder who I like and who lives close to my mother and asked him to do me a favor. Her phone was off the hook for the entire day and I got worried that maybe she fell or something. So while I was at work I called this guy and asked him if he could possibly check on her. (Besides, he is "assigned" by the elders to check on her well being). He said he had tried to get her service report and got a busy signal too. He said he would immediately go over and see if she was ok. (She was. She just knocked her phone off the hook by mistake).

The next day he related to my mom how I said, "Thanks buddy for doing that for me". He deduced that I "must feel guilty"

He then asked my mother if I helped her out much and she told him that if it wasn't for me she wouldn't know what she'd do. She said, "he's ALWAYS there for me".

Once again, I have to wonder what goes on in the brain of a JW. Why would he believe that I must be guilty of something??? It seems like all Witnesses are on a guilt trip. I dunno.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Maybe because JW's don't do anything unless guilted into it.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Plus, they don't want to believe the best about ANYBODY.

• minimus
    minimus

I think so. Besides, this guy is the most guilt ridden man I know. He makes a perfect Witness.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, the elder might have wanted to blast you to make his own effort at looking
    in on her as something to be proud of.

The guy's conversation might have gone something like this:
    "That lousy son of yours is too busy to look in on you, but he knows it is the truth
    so he feels guilty about not living up to his responsibility to his mother. He knows
    that the elders should be able to take care of their flock, so he called me. Really, I
    was already planning on getting here as I was worried about you. .... Oh, he does
    a lot for you? Well, it is his obligation, but I do it out of love and concern for
    Jehovah's sheep."

From the title thread, I was sure it was going to be something like this:

• minimus
    minimus

Homer!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I wonder if the new brain scans will show that JWs are all alike?

Brain scanning may be used in security checks

Distinctive brain patterns could become the latest subject of biometric scanning after EU researchers successfully tested technology to verify ­identities for security checks.

The experiments, which also examined the potential of heart rhythms to authenticate individuals, were conducted under an EU-funded inquiry into biometric systems that could be deployed at airports, borders and in sensitive locations to screen out terrorist suspects.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/may/10/biometric-scanning-brain-security-checks

• wobble
    wobble

Yea,but not Homerovah the Almighty,our Homie is twice as clever as the original (whats twice nothing?)

Love

Wobble

• minimus
    minimus

You know, that brain pic makes me chuckle everytime I see it.

• undercover
    undercover

Actually that scan of Homer's brain isn't quite right. He has a normal sized brain...it's just that the beer nodes make up about 90% of it.

ummmm....beeerrrrrr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit