The Brain of a Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Why would he believe that I must be guilty of something??? It seems like all Witnesses are on a guilt trip. I dunno.

You're right...most dubs are on a guilt trip. They're guilted into doing most everything they do for the Society. After so much guilt induced activity, it becomes the norm and thus they probably relate anything anyone does as guilt-induced. They can see it elsewhere, but they never see it in themselves.

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, could you give us a side head shot, please?

• minimus
    minimus

In the brain of a JW, everything is different than that of a normal (worldly) person.

A JW must be on the lookout for any unrighteousness within the congregation. A normal person couldn't be bothered.

A JW does something that someone might get "stumbled" over and has to worry that he's responsible for their life. A normal person couldn't care less.

A JW is hypersensitive to any criticism from someone who doesn't see things in the same way. A normal person doesn't give a shat what you think.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

My husband and I felt like we were always guilted into doing something...LIke they looked at your life, had to know what job you had, then decided if you should pioneer or live more simply. They were always on our back about doing more for them....they are kings of making people feel guilty. It just took time for us to admit that we were feeling guilty for everything we did or didn't do and just couldn't take it anymore. Now we feel free..."the truth will set you free", and there is no strain on our marriage. I was pushed and pushed to be a pioneer, then told to push my husband to get some title. My husband didn't want no title so I was always frustrated at him...once i realized what was happening I had to quit that place, and so did he.

• minimus
    minimus

Girl, once you can see what they're doing, it's easy to feel guiltless.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember the guilt. Not because I did something that caused harm to someone or society. Guilt because I responded to a holiday greeting. Guilt because a Christmas song got stuck in my head after listening to them all night. Guilt because I only got 20 hours of field circus during an April. Guilt because I didn't waste more money for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. Guilt because of not placing littera-trash with a householder or getting them interested after they replied "Not Interested". And so on.

But Jehovah doesn't have any guilt. He has reason to be guilty, after setting Himself up in a position to absolutely cut me off from happiness. Such as setting me up for celibacy that I cannot do a damn thing about (so He can exploit it), using me to be a stench to the opposite sex, trying to use me to spread His message (especially after doing the above, knowing it would ruin whatever effectiveness it would have had), and not being satisfied with whatever I was reasonably able to do (and unwilling to enable me to do more without undue and unreasonable hardship). And, He should feel guilty for starting the whole scam in the first place, creating the "need" for salvation so He could "solve" the problem in a way that would usurp value from mankind.

• whatcanIsay
    whatcanIsay

That looks like an ex ray of a JW butt with crap in it!

• minimus
    minimus

whatcanisay---same difference, isn't it?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hey, who told you guys that you could post that x-ray of my brain ?

It was suppose to be personal.

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO did it. It wasn't me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit