Is the Kingdom Hall a good place for ugly guys to get pretty girls?

by donny 40 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

About two weeks ago I was having lunch at an establishment that has tables set up on the outside (actually a sidewalk) and as I was waiting for my order, I overheard two guys talking at the next table. A homely guy who had a pretty girl on his arm brought this response. "Wow man, look at that! He is either rich or a Jehovahs Witness!"

Naturally that sparked my attention and after the couple passed, I asked the one who made the comment of he was a JW. He replied "No, I'm not, but my mom is and I used to attend the services as a teenager and I noticed that many of the pretty ladies had husbands that would never find such in the real world."

Now that I think about it, I did see a higher percentage of these types of couples in the Kingdom Hall versus "the world." How about you?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

It's true all right.

There's way more available women then men in the org, so the men have plenty to choose from.

The women just have to take what they can get.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've noticed it.

Sylvia

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It didn't work for me.

W

• DJK
    DJK

I may not be handsome and I'm sure I'm not ugly.

The beauty in my KH married the Alfalfa guy. He and I were the only competition. A good JW type for sure. I think that was the clincher in his case.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I would have to agree with that, since the girls are only to date and marry a JW this makes anyone

ugly or not a very important prospect at the halls.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Worked for me.

• angeleyes110900
    angeleyes110900

I agree. If you are attractive there is not alot to choose from.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Bethel brothers regularly marry WAY above their league.

I would suspect that many of these sisters had been "trained from infancy" to desire a Spiritual Man.

I would also suspect that many of these couples deal with feelings of being disappointed and trapped.

• ataloa
    ataloa

Yes, it is; I've seen a lot of it. Only, some better have some money or some watchtower ambition, or they still won't get a date.

That's why there are so many pretty ladies here. A woman wouldn't dare be born ugly in that religion; she wouldn't have a chance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit