Your children are worthless. Get rid of them.

by easyreader1970 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I'm surprised that jw parents could kick out children under 18 unless they were making drugs at home, beating up their siblings, etc. I'm wondering what the secular authorities thought or were they just not told.

I had one 14 year old girl show me the bruises that she had gotten from her jw mother. I called child services who promptly took action and gave her a safe home. The jw response was that this girl had brought shame on "Jehovah" by involving worldly authorities. It made the paper too. It was a start of my eyes opening to how abuse was handled in WTS congregations.

Blondie

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

What a sister (PO's wife) told me who came to "encourage" me.

She told me my 19 year old daughter, who has a chronic health condition btw, was a drag on me spiritually. I should have thrown her out in spite of the fact that she's a thoughtful, mannerly and self controlled person. She's an artist, helpful to me around the house, and works hard. She just doesn't believe WTS bull crap and is quite straight forward about it.

Her son was expelled from school for breaking the Zero tolerance rule (took a pocket knife to school and vandalized school property with it, namely he and another boy went up in the service crawlway and cut a hole in the ceiling tiles of the girls locker room to peek at them, and yeah, it was covered up for him) but my daughter was "evil".

Yeah, well, go die in a fire or something. Going to mind numbing meetings to hear over and over again how my kids were doomed because they don't believe things I couldn't force down their throats was my number one reason for never going again.

Yeah I get it, they're doomed, I'm doomed for loving my kids. You only mention it constantly.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Good for you, mindmelda.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit