Your children are worthless. Get rid of them.

by easyreader1970 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

If anybody has details, tapes, transcripts etc I'll volunteer to get it out there (source protected of course). PM me if you want.

Full disclosure: this is a bit self-serving, I'm reworking (again) the novel I've written based (VERY) loosely on my time with JW's. I've had trouble finding an agent. If I can get out in front of the public with something it might help.

Also, it was a talk at a CA in 1988 that pushed me over the edge. It was all about the evils of college and how are kids should plan on doing simple jobs (read plan on poverty) so they could devote more time to "kingdom interests." GAG! I get a bit twitched when it comes to our children.

• dinah
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

And they call themselves Christians???

• JeffT
    JeffT

Dinah, love that song. I saw them in Seattle in 1970, still one of the best shows I've been to.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    If they still aren't serving Jehovah and they are near grown are grown, it's because they want to practice what is vile

That's an interesting leap in logic. So their definition of vile has been expanded to include anyone who chooses not to be a JW? Mine is a human organization willing to resort to ripping families apart to maintain control over its members.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Sheesh, I hope this is not a general outline for all the COs.
    BTS

As you probably know Burn, they all get the same outline. Everyone of them, throughout the whole planet. That's one of the methods they use to ensure goosesteeping. yesidid

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

If I shunned my kids, who would make me cups of tea in the morning.

Sheesh!

(Not that I go to the Kingdom Hall anyway but even so...)

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Just more proof that this organisation knows nothing about love but is all about fear, control and mindless obedience.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is ridiculous. Children who are not Jehovah's Witlesses are still the parents' responsibilities, and if they so choose (or have to because of the economy) to live with their parents, they should be able to do so within reason (for instance, children who are destructive toward things would not be allowed to destroy their parents' home). Religious beliefs are not grounds to kick out children that are in need of assistance, however.

Now, suppose someone critical of my "secret" society would appear. Chances are, this person is going to either be a Bible (or Quran) thumper or someone that is power-hungry and likes to control others. There are very few places to attack this paradigm (which basically means not letting others do your thinking for you, to think at all possible levels of integration, and not force or defraud others to do things against their will). It is impossible to attack a moral code of "Any volitional act that is good for self and/or society is moral, while any volitional act that is bad for self and/or society is immoral". People can make their cases for the Bible or Quran, or for a religion. But my belief that the Bible and Quran (and all the religions) lie is founded on pretty solid evidence. Thus, living with someone that is pro-religion is not going to destroy my belief that the Bible and Quran lie.

On the other hand, if you have a religion that is on flimsy footing. All it is going to take is a feather duster to destroy it. That is why they want children to be pushed out if they are not strong in the cancer, because disfellowshipped children might find just one point about the religion, attack it there, and the parents will think their own way out of the cancer. Unbaptized children might also ask questions that could expose one of the many faults (in my "secret" society, asking questions only gives me more solid answers, and I can use any source for answers and better answers at will.) Plus, all it takes is for one of them to do outside research, and the whole religion goes out the window. All because of the pxxx poor foundation.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Years ago, when I was a kid, my Mom told me that one of Satan's primary goals was to break up families. She said he delighted in doing this as it was directly against God's arrangement for the family to be whole.

From this latest talk, I must now conclude that the WTS is being directed by Satan, not God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit