Is anyone near me?

by Sky 38 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

AMarie,

In Columbus, I like Cosi, and I like to go to Schmidt's Sausage House for dinner, also, the Mohawk Tavern for turtle soup. West of town off I-70 there's an Italian restaurant I like - Salvi's.

Other folks in the area.

We should have a get together next spring.

• Lin
    Lin

Is anyone near Cumberland KY????? If so, can you email me direcly please? There's a sweet 61 yr old lady who recently lost her sister/bestfriend and really wants local contacts. Please email me if you can help.

• mamashel
    mamashel

Hi sky and welcome. I live in Columbus, Ohio, about 1 1/2 hours away. E-mail me any time.

Shelley

• mamashel
    mamashel

Hi aMarie, my name is shelley, aka mamashel, lol. You live so close to me, i cant believe it. I would love to know what congregations you have attended, so we can share the laughs over a beer.

I live in southfield. Crappy end of town, but close to watkins road. e-mail me sometime @ [email protected]. Talk to ya soon

shelley

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Here is todays totally useless piece of information..

I live in Weston-Super-Mare,Somerset,England,

At a guess, about 3000 miles away..

Take care,

Rich.

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOL@Trucker!
    And I'm in FL, long ways away.

CAN YOU HELP??? Anyone from OHIO going to the Silent Lambs MARCH in NY? Bill just sent around this email tonight, 9-10-02, that a lady in TOLEDA, OHIO, is hoping to get a ride to NY for the March. Please write Bill c/o [email protected] if you are going to NY, or if you are near TOLEDO, or if you know of anyone from the area who can give this lady a ride. Here's what the lady wrote to B. Bowen:

I live in Toledo, OH and would love to be in N.Y. Sept. 27th to support my two girls. But, I have no job right now and I don't think my car would make it. Do you know anyone even close to OH that is going? I'd love to catch a ride with someone. I'll come up with money to take care of myself. I believe God will open a door somewhere so I can share in this very special day. It would be such a blessing to support her in this.

THANKS!
    Grits

• Lin
    Lin

The lady in Toledo wanting to go to the March is my Best Friend! If any of you are going and have room for one more, please email me and I'll get you in touch with Debbie. Thanks!

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Hi Sky,

I don't live in Cincy anymore, but you have a mother load of people to meet with there. My ex-husband is Charlie, and his email is intuit37@hotmail (it's in his profile under "members"). He has been very successful at getting people together in that area, as well as being VERY talented at helping people leaving the borg. (I would never have had the courage otherwise) There are quite a few (infrequent) posters to the board who live in Cincy or No. KY. At times we've had 15-20 at a time get together, and different ones each time.

Do I know you? My name is Becky Leon, formerly Becky Daniel of Sun Valley Cong, Dayton Spanish, Williamstown, Owenton etc. I live in Rhode Island now, but know quite a few people from that area. I'm 34 if that helps. Good luck with meeting up with new friends and maybe even some old ones--you never know who you might recognize.

Becky

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I don't know if it's occurred to anyone, but we could take up a collection ??

A bus ticket isn't too much and it's not that far.....

I'll chip in if anyone else is game.

GreyHound Tickets are running around 120.00, you can get a decent hotel in Manhattan for around the same, so I think 250.00 would do it. I'll be there, I can pick her up from Port Authority and we can make sure she eats.

Tell me what you all think. We'd have done it a few years ago to help a family to a convention..........I think?

That reminds me. I asked my Elders one time if I could take my DF sister to the assembly, and they said no......it was up to her ex-husband to make sure she got there! Hahaha, there's a reason there's an "ex" in front of "Husband" you freakin geniuses.....

Why is my signature not showing anymore??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit