Is anyone near me?

by Sky 38 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hey Patio...that is cool. I work at the united way building. it is on meridian, close to all the mansions. I live on the south side because that is where I go to school. It is a small world...:)

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hi All,

I am now in the Columbus metro area. Live in New Albany, OH.

Lived in Sacramento, CA, then Florence, KY for about 2 years, about 7 years ago. Then Wichita, Kansas (yuck!).

Grew up on Chicago. KY was beautiful. Very friendly. The Ohio people there are really rude to the KY side of the river, though.

• Sky
    Sky

Yes they are very rude to the KY side! Its amazing the difference in attitudes going accross the river!
    Were you going to meetings when you lived in Florence? THats where I am. 7 years ago, I was 17.
    Now you live where all the Bath and Body works stuff is made! LOL!
    Sky

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

No, I was out of the borg by then. I avoided any contact with them. I cannot remember where the KH was. We lived there a little less then 2 years. I was working, cleaning the house and trying to figure out how first cousins, down there in KY, marry!

At my job, at Thomson Publishing, in Florence, there were two young women who married first cousins! Scarry! They said they went farther south, to Alabama to marry. It is apparently legal there.

Now, I live within 1 1/2 miles of the local KH. The only people that have knocked on my door are Mormons. Twice in the last two years. Kinda funny!

• dubla
    dubla

south bend, indiana here....not too awful far from cincy.

aa

• Sky
    Sky

You got the freaky girlfriend, right? LOL!

• AMarie
    AMarie

Wow, puffsrule, you live in "ritzy" section of Columbus!!! I've only been to the New Albany area once, but boy was I amazed. I have never seen such huge, elaborate houses.

As for me, I am currently residing in the German Village area. If you haven't been there, it is a cute section of town about a mile south of downtown Columbus. It has brick streets and brick cottages, but is entirely overpriced and full of crime :( All of we Columbus residents need to meet up for a beer someday.

AMarie

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Near Steubenville. We should have an OHIO meeting of ex-loyal 'dubs.
    Rex

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Two states away in Upsate New York. Catskill Region next to the Hudson Valley. Never been to south part of Ohio. Go through Cleveland and Sandusky every now and then on my way to visit my brother in Wisconsin.

Sean

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I live in Wooster OH which is in the heart of Amish country. We're about 30 minutes from Akron. Email me if you like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit