Black Families & Shunning

by snowbird 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dinah
    dinah

I remember back when I lived in Birmingham, a boy I grew up with from my tiny congregation lived in the apartment directly across the courtyard from mine. Like I said, VERY small, very close-knit congregation with probably about 15 teens. (If my info is correct, only 1 or 2 are still Witnesses). Anyway, I hadnt seen him in years. I walked to my car to go to work and met him on the sidewalk. A brief flash of joy came across his face, followed by the "I can't even look at you now that you are disfellowshipped" veil.

He's been df'd and reinstated and df'd again since then. His sister, two brothers have been df'd and reinstated as well. I remember the night one of his brothers got df'd. I cried. He was such a sensitive soul, and I could tell his spirit was just crushed. But I didnt try to help him or anything. Stupid cult.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

You forgot to include parts of North Carolina in the deep south too!

South Carolina, North Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana (Seven of the founding members of the Confederate States of America)

• dinah
    dinah

Yes, Babygirl, we all know you are a country hick. *ducks and runs*

(takes one to know one, I suppose )

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

There's a difference between being "country" and plain "redneck"....

*skips off laughing*

• snowbird
    snowbird

Now, now, ladies.

None of that!

LOL.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

We had a heat index of 89 yesterday, but thankfully NO RAIN. After ten days of it, was glad for the sun and humidity yesterday.

Rain forecasted for the next 7 days!!!

I would not ever shun anyone that has A/C!!!

purps

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Dana knows I lurvs her!

We can pick at each other cause we are so much alike!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Very good for both of you.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit