Black Families & Shunning

by snowbird 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    Actually I love watching a white guy who can dance

I fit the stereotype of the white guy that can't dance...

...unless there's alcohol involved and then it's bad hippie dancing

• dinah
    dinah

Back in the day when I was married to my first husband, family reunions were a big deal and there were lots of hugs. They even hugged the white girl who crashed their family!

Of course, some of that could be a "Southern" thing. My family is extremely close, but somehow the feeling is different between the two cultures.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

There's nothing funnier than drunk white rednecks dancin'....

I'm just sayin'.....

• dinah
    dinah

True dat, babygirl. But if you laugh, they tend to get pissed.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    John Doe, what are we going to do with you?

I've got a keen hankering for some grilled ribeye steaks and some dry rubbed BBQ ribs, if that gives you any ideas.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Boneless Ribeye Steak in a White Wine Sauce

RECIPE Posted By: Barbara

Ingredients:
    - 2 bonelessribeye steaks
    - 1/4 cup white wine
    - 1 onion thinly chopped
    - 12 mushrooms
    - 1 tsp parsley
    - 1 tbsp olive oil
    - 1 tsp salt
    - 1 tsp pepper

Directions:
    Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Season the bonelessribeye steaks with salt, pepper and parsley and place them into the skillet. Fry the boneless ribeye steaks on both sides until browned. Add the white wine, onion and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes. Continue to cook until all liquid is evaporated.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Dry-rubbed BBQ ribs.
    What you will need:

• Whole rack of pork ribs - you can use other types of ribs as well. I personally like pork ribs for this BBQ ribs recipe but beef ribs, spareribs and others can certainly be used.
    • Crushed garlic or garlic powder
    • Onion powder
    • Brown sugar
    • Paprika
    • Ground black pepper
    • Chili powder
    • Salt
    • Apple cider vinegar and/or red wine vinegar
    • Lime juice
    • Cayenne pepper
    • Honey
    • Beer, whisky, or bourbon (optional)

How to Cook Them: Pre-Boiled Method

1. Submerge the ribs in salted water in a stovetop-proof dish or casserole. Some people prefer to boil the ribs in beer or add a bottle of beer to the water. Other options include adding bourbon, whisky, scotch or tequila to the boiling liquid to instill those flavors.

2. Boil for about 1 hour until the rib meat is softening. Drain and let cool. The picture below is of the ribs after they have been boiled.

3. Mix the onion powder, garlic, sugar, paprika, pepper, chili powder and salt. Bind with juice from about half a lime and some apple cider vinegar to make a paste.

4. Rub the ribs with the mixture and let sit to marinate. I like to do this early so they can sit for several hours but should be for at least 1 hour in my opinion.

5. Prepare a basting mixture. I like to use a mixture of lime juice, apple cider and red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, a dash of cayenne pepper, brown sugar and honey. You can add a bit of the other spices as well and adjust this BBQ ribs recipe to your taste, more sugar and honey for sweeter ribs, more salt, vinegar and lime for tangier ribs.

6. Prepare a grill with hot coals and barbecue the grilled ribs, basting with the basting mixture often. Turn when bottom is developing a caramelized and browned color.

7. Continue basting generously and turning as needed until the surface has a nice browned glaze and the meat is tender and falling off the bone. Depending on how hot your grill is, this should take about 20 to 30 minutes total.

8. Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for several minutes before slicing and serving.

bbq ribs recipe

• dinah
    dinah

Sylvia, can I come live with you?

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL.

Come on down, girl.

We'll leave the light on for you.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe