Marinade:
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    2 tbs. lemon juice
    1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp. onion salt
    1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
    1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
    1/8 tsp. garlic salt
    Directions: Place ribeye steaks in shallow baking dish. Combine marinade ingredients and pour over meat, thoroughly coating both sides. Marinate 4-6 hours in refrigerator, turning once or twice.

Place steaks on grill and sear both sides, then raise grill to about 5 inches from coals. Cook 15 minutes, turning once, or to desired doneness.
  • caliber
    caliber

An interesting video about "Outliers "... Malcolm Gladwell

Success or failure is more community than individual than you might think !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz4hPbHIZ6Y

Caliber

• choosing life
    choosing life

I think the degree to which families apply the shunning policy depends much more on the closeness of the particular family and just how cult-trained they are.

One of the severest cases of shunning I ever saw was in a black family. The mother was divorced and her teenage son was dfd. She would not allow the other siblings living in the home to talk to their brother. He was not allowed to eat with the family. It was crazy even by jw standards.

I'm not saying your experience has not been different. I have just seen really close families across the spectrum and those who barely qualified to be called families too.

I wish everyone would ignore the the wts demand for shunning. I agree with Snowbird, as I could never turn my back on my child. I've been through the shunning thing with two children and refused to shun in both cases.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I don't know anything about black families. My family is white for the most part anyway.LOL I have 2 black cousins by marriage ( they married my cousins). 1 black "step uncle" by marriage (he married my widowed aunt by marriage, she is still my aunt whether or not my blood uncle died, that makes her new husband my "step uncle"). Several mixed second cousins. 2 black adopted nephews. 1 black second cousin by marriage. Several mixed third cousins.

So I guess you can say my family is mixed. I come from the white side of the family. I Da ed and my mom didn't even think about kicking me out or shunning me. I would say it really depends on the family. My family now has five generations of JW's. Don't get me wrong I would not be invited to any party's or anything but they speak to me when they see me. Not all of my family is JW. Most of them are but not all. The ones who aren't are extended family second cousins and great aunts and uncles.

• CHILD
    CHILD

It definitely depends on the family. My parents (non-JWs) taught us to alway look out for your family. I met people in field service who complained of JWs not attending funerals of family members. It's considered unloving and disrespectful to Black families and I'm sure families of other cultures.

I belonged to a predominant Black congregation. One sister told me the elders did not aprove of her living with her DF'd brother. His wife was dead and she helped him raie his young children. I met JWs who shunned and those who secretly spoke with DF'd ones. It really dos depend on the degree of indoctrination and brainwashing.

• flipper
    flipper

I think it definitely depends on the family involved that's doing the shunning and also how much gossip has been spread around about those of us who are being shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses. If I were a betting man- I'd bet that this shunning is going on all over the world with whites, blacks, asians, native Americans, Europeans, Africans, French, Italian - you name it. It's more of a cult mind controlled inspired action promoted by the WT society that causes people to shun ex-witnesses which occurs in all these races .

It can even be different in the same family dynamic that we each experience. Some of my witness family shuns me because they are more cult mind controlled than others in my JW family who treat me with respect and dignity . So I don't think it's more a racial thing in one culture or another - it's a JW cult mind controlled thing

• loosie
    loosie

Well being from CA I have noticed that the Spanish JW's are really close knit, more so than white families. I have noticed that Spanish familes aren't hard core shunners.

• dinah
    dinah

There ya go, Loosie.

• jam
    jam

If you approach a black person in my area (L .A. ca) and ask them their opinion on JW,s , the first thing

out of their mouth, They break up families. Why would anyone get involve with a organization that separate

family members, especially inveiw what we as a race has gone thru..The shunning in my area of family

members have change a lot in the pass years, it change for the good. There are too many out , by shunning

exmembers, they stand the chances of allenating thier non JW family members.This is the case in my

family.

• jam
    jam

too make those ribs taste sooooo good , your sauce , if you use bottle BBQ sauce , boil some bay leaves

remove the leaves and add that too your sauce,this give you a as they say in OLK. A twing, whats a

twing I do not know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit