Clarifying the Trinity Doctrine

by UnDisfellowshipped 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    They trace their roots to the congregations of the tens of millions of people in Europe who were burned at the stake

ROFL!

Incidentally, the Baptist denomination is a Protestant one, doctrinally speaking. And besides this they trace their lineage from the Anabaptists, which were part of the Protestant reformation.

BTS

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Spook

In spite of the cultural distance, I think your zen analogy does illustrate to an extent how a positive connection between paradoxical or aporetic theological formulations (especially in liturgical, i.e. poetical form) with contemplative mysticism works in Eastern Christianity, while in the West the same formulations are rather a subject for discussion.

Ironically when the West gets tired of arguing it rather looks for "spirituality" in exotic traditions rather than changing its attitude toward its own...

• Perry
    Perry

BTS,

You are woefully uneducated or misinformed.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BTS,
    You are woefully uneducated or misinformed.

How so?

BTS

• Perry
    Perry

http://www.bible-truth.org/BaptistHistory.html

The Catholic Church can only trace it's history to the early 300's. As the apostate church took over Roman government they ordered all infants born in conqueored lands to be baptized. A person then became a "Christian" by virtue of geography and Organization, not Faith in Christ Alone.

Christians like the Donatists complained about the heresy of the Papacy at that time (311AD) and how it was ruining what it meant to be a Christian. Satan couldn't exterminate Christians so he just changed the meaning of what it meant to be one. Word games.

Anabaptists (rebaptizers) came much later. Bible believers from apostolic times have been called by various names: Valdois, Waldenses, Dontatists, Anabaptists, Albingenses .....can't recall the name of the group around Czech Republic....but they were numerous.

All these groups used texts agreeing with the Textus Receptus as opposed to Rome's version of the scriptures. I have written on this before. They all refused to accept salvation as coming from anything other than the blood of Jesus..... nothing more, nothing less.

• Dogpatch
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Sorry Perry. Apostolic succession means that the various Catholic and Orthodox churches can trace their history back to the very beginning of the Christian church. There was no apostasy. If you are right about an apostasy, then Jesus was a failure when it came to establishing his Church. After all, what are we to think of his promises?

If there really was a complete apostasy, how do we explain our Jesus claim that his Church never would be overcome, Uponthis rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Matt. 16:19)?

What about his promise that he would be with his Church until the end of time (Matt. 28:20)?

What about his promise to send the Holy Spirit as a guide who would abide with the Church (John 14:16, 26)?

What about the Holy Spirit guiding the Church into all truth (John 16:13)?

If this endeavor or this activity is of human origin, it will destroy itself. But if it comes from God, you will not be able to destroy them; you may even find yourselves fighting against God (Acts 5:38-39).

As a believing Christian you have the following choices:

1) Jesus words in the passages above were misreported.

2) Jesus did in fact say these things but didn't really mean them. At least not in the way they had been understood by Christians for the first sixteen centuries.

3) Jesus was a liar

4) Your restorationist theology is wrong and Jesus meant what he said.

BTS

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

undisfelloshiped: You are just spreading confusion to keep us enslaved and sheeple.

Try thinking about what you post and what you believe.

Ask yourself if its rational, or logical.

Youre like a huckster. A used car saleman or a magician who ask which shell the pearl is under.

While youre running your mouth and distracting your victims eyes.

You talk a lot of jiberish and leave innocent people confused.

Your book the bible says God is not a God of confusion.

And why muffle a bell when you want it to ring.

What your expousing is confounding, dumfounding and missinformation.

Jehovah was an alien from Nibiru read about it in the Summerian text.

written thousands of years before the bible and that was plagurized

to give you yhwh, jehovah, satin, Adam and eve, sodom and gomorah,

NOah and the flood.

Jehovah was only a minor Hebrew demigod.

Slave Species of God by Michael Tellinger. Or the works of Zechariah Sitchin. The 12th planet.

Furthermore there is no evidence of Jesus even existing in the bible.

Site one scripture that gives eye witness testimony that jesus of Nazareth even existed.

Everything talking about Jesus in the bible is hearsay and would not stand up in court.

Its all" he said that he said."

There are no scriptures saying I am John the Apostle and I saw Jesus do this.

That would be eye witness testimony.

There is no eyewitness testimony.

Because no one whoever saw or knew Jesus wrote about it in the bible.

And the new testiment was written 40 to 90 years after Jesus died.

That would be like no one having written about world war 2 until now.

How reliable would that be?

Our creators the alien astronuts from Nibiru, planet X edited the bible, and the koran

the baghadavita, to keep us ignorant and confused.

And to give us differences that we would murder and go to war for.

Nobody in history is more murderous, and evil than Christians and moslems.

All in the name of their only true God.

And youre just spreading the evil and confusion to the next generation.

• Perry
    Perry

BTS,

If there really was a complete apostasy ..

Since your premise is false... your argument fails before it even gets off the ground.

You should read the link I posted before replying prematurely.

• Perry
    Perry

Jehovah was an alien from Nibiru

Trading WT rags for Scifi rags? Tell me, these aliens wouldn't happen to have hair like ...well.... spaghetti would they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit