What does nicotine feel like?

by Elsewhere 42 Replies latest social physical

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have never smoked or used any tobacco products aside from puffing on a cigar a few times (maybe 5 times in my life). Even with the few cigar experiences (which I did not enjoy much) I never noticed any real "feeling" from the tobacco.

What is it supposed to feel like? Aside from the addiction, why do people use tobacco?

• Mary
    Mary
    What does nicotine feel like?

I'm not sure hon.....why don't you ask her? And who would name their daughter 'nicotine'?

mutley.gif image by psionandy mutley.gif image by psionandy mutley.gif image by psionandy

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Bad girl!!!! Bad baaad girl!

• oompa
    oompa

when i rub it...it is kinda dry and chalky.....oompa

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm from Mississippi, so yeah, I had m first experience with tobacco at about seven years old.

Vendors were handing out free samples of Skoal (to us kids) at a rodeo. (Insert rant about tobacco companies here.)

Anyway, it made me very light-headed, perhaps even dizzy.

Haven't tried any since 1985 or so.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I'm guessing that you didn't feel anything because you didn't inhale the smoke. Next time you smoke a cigar, don't just puff on it, take a mouthful and suck it into your lungs. You will feel dizzy and a little green around the gills. I can assure you that one thing you won't feel is any kind of "spiritual experience" that is connected to the wbts ban on using tobacco products.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I smoke cigars, a pipe, and partake of chewing tobacco from time to time. Tobacco is very relaxing, the smoke from a high quality cigar is delicious, and I enjoy a smoke with my scotch.

BTS

• donny
    donny

This is to announce that BTS has been disfellowshipped for conduct unbecoming a Christian. And now we will hear Brother Williams deliver the timely talk, "Smoke on the Water. Was it a Miracle?"

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

It doesn't make sense to get involved. As little as one cigarette can make permanent changes to your brain, and not for the better. This was a surprise to many and the research results on this will probably take years to trickle down to the "Wheel-Of-Fortune" mentalities, however it's true and even more rapidly addictive for young people.

I dipped for 12 years before becoming a JW and that was the most difficult thing to quit. A dipper (I used copenhagen, swallowed about a can's worth a week) will get about 7 times the amount of nicotine in his system as a smoker.

I suppose this was one good thing I got out of the process. It gave me the motivation to quit. I could easily return, but that would be stupid.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Crap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit