Site issues: Dec 30 Update

by Simon 26 Replies latest forum announcements

• Open mind
    Open mind

I think Simon's just doing his part to discourage any more people moving to the Great White North!

: )

Take care of yourself Simon. 

om

• cofty
    cofty

Years ago they used to sell paraffin heaters that you could sit under the engine in the winter. Of course if you had even a slight fuel leak it was a recipe for disaster. I like the idea of an electric block heater.

On another topic, Formula 1 engines can't be turned over at all when they are cold as the tolerances are so small. They have to be preheated before any work can be done on them. Just a random fact for you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Didn't know about battery warmers - do you just leave them on all year round or just put them on for winter? Do batteries even suffer from overheating? Would it even be a problem in our 2 weeks of non-winter.....Simon

Its like a small blanket that wraps around the walls of the battery..Top and bottom are left uncovered..

There`s a plug on it similar to a lamp..

During the summer you leave it on the battery unplugged..

That way it`s ready for the next winter..

You`ll find the car starts up nicely during winter months with a battery warmer..

• bsmart
    bsmart
    Simon when will the "previous" buttons work?  
  • prologos
    prologos
    take care of yourself, sleep deprivation is torture, let the nerds here sweat it out. thank you. 
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    bsmart......Lets give Simon a bit of space! Poor guy. I got super sick this week myself. No brain can function properly when feeling so awful! Sleep, sleep and more sleep, and mindless TV when you can't sleep. ;-) That is what Simon needs to focus on for a while.
  • ballistic
    ballistic
    Hi Simon, flu sucks, I've also been ill, had 3 colds in 3 months. What happened to the .net site. Was struggling to log in and got stuck a few times. Hope all the regulars here are doing well.
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    Sympathies.  I got it too.  
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Simon, please don't worry about all of us, just take care of yourself and get some rest.  Pretty sure we'll survive without updates for a bit.  :D
  • Scully
    Scully

Simon, you can get a block heater installed quite easily. You'll need an extension cord for it, as you plug it in overnight to keep the battery from freezing. You just leave it in your car all year round since it only works when it's plugged in.

Hope you feel better soon. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit