Why do you think Jesus never wrote anything down?

by journey-on 67 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

One of the greatest evils perpetrated on mankind was when John Doe learned to speak!

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL @ Outlaw!

He certainly confounded the Pharisees and Sadducees!

Sylvia........................I`m Sad you see!..Pouty...............................Way Too Happy..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• John Doe
    John Doe

Think about this Sylvia. Why was Satan condemned? Because he advocated supporting the way things are with reason. He advocated obtaining knowledge. He advocated checking facts instead of following blindly. Why was this demonized? And what was his lie? He told Eve that upon eating the fruit she would gain knowledge and be like God. Was that a lie?

Who does the old testament god sound like?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Now, listen to what god said:

Gen 2:[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Here's my question. Did they die the day they ate the fruit? Or, was the devil correct?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Did they die the day they ate the fruit?
    Now, John, if you had been a good JW, you would know this. Yes, indeed, they died in the day they ate of the fruit. "A day is of a thousand years to Jehovah, and both Adam and Eve died within the allowed 1000-yr. time frame.".....Duh
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Keep searching, young man, and you will find your own answers.

I say this with the greatest sincerity.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Now, John, if you had been a good JW, you would know this. Yes, indeed, they died in the day they ate of the fruit. "A day is of a thousand years to Jehovah, and both Adam and Eve died within the allow 1000 time frame.".....Duh

Well sheesh, I thought god would communicate to be understood. After all, he was using human language and human items.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Keep searching, young man, and you will find your own answers.

The answers are very clear to me.

• undercover
    undercover

Good ole A&E. This is one of my favorite Bible Stories. If you strip the pre-conceived notions and beliefs and read this account strictly as it is written, it is God who lied not the Serpent(Satan wasn't even character in the entire book of Genesis...or several more for that matter).

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Good ole A&E. This is one of my favorite Bible Stories. If you strip the pre-conceived notions and beliefs and read this account strictly as it is written, it is God who lied not the Serpent(Satan wasn't even character in the entire book of Genesis...or several more for that matter).

Yep. Satan is the maligned, misunderstood, and unfairly accused apostate. He is falsely accused and demonized for daring to question what he's told. I'm surprised more ex jw's don't see the parallel.

And you're right about the serpent. I interchange Satan and the serpent in my head, a habit I need to break.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit