Why do you think Jesus never wrote anything down?

by journey-on 67 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

But, if he knew his divine origin and God's basic timeline for the establishment of his kingdom on earth, he would have known that centuries would pass and his words would be twisted and manipulated. By writing them down himself and divinely preserving them, all the confusion could have been avoided. Right?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The real kicker is that no one wrote anything about Jesus for at least 40 - 100 years after the "person" on Jesus was supposed to have died.

Imagine if no one had written or recorded anything about World War I or World War II, then today someone sat down to write the history of these two events.

I suspect there would be massive errors.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Only God knows the day and hour. No one else knows, not even the Son.

Those who consider themselves "wise" are supposed to be confused. Good for filtering out 'false prophets'.

Plus it apparently wasn't in the plan for him to be a novelist. Teachers speak and students take notes.

• villabolo
    villabolo

StAnn, if Jewish oral traditions were not written down then what is the talmud?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything that I have told you.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

It would put him in the same boat as many other so-called prophets who claimed to have a divine revelation and then started a religion. The only record is from eye-witnesses, assuming you have faith in these things

• Lieu
    Lieu

and Josephus' mentioning of Christians.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jesus knew that writing a book would start a bunch of hateful religions and wars and cause mankind untold suffering even today in the 21st Century.

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

I agree with you onthewayout. In recent times they have been discovering many writings that were viewed as authentic by the early believers. These just didn't fit the image of the Jesus that the Church wanted to portray.

Many are now suggesting that Jesus was probabely a revolutionary type being the main reason why the romans tried to kill him. Considering the time in which he lived it is ridiculous to think that Jesus as a God fearing, Law upholding jew would have acted like some sort of hippie that just loved everything. For him to say that there was only one God worthy to be worshipped and obeyed was in direct conflict with roman belief in regards to cesar. That church, wanting to appease the romans, made it look as if Jesus got along with the them and didn't care about their ruthless occupation of Judah. May God deal justly with those who have created lies about Jesus, the Prophet of God and upholder of the Law.

Has anyone heard of the Q document said to contain the original sayings of Christ?

Piercingtheveil81

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Has anyone heard of the Q document said to contain the original sayings of Christ?
    What is the gist of it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit