Why do you think Jesus never wrote anything down?

by journey-on 67 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Reading the Gospels, you will note that Jesus never sought the limelight.

He instructed those whom He healed to keep silent about it.

John chapters 5, 8, and 10 will really give insight into His character - He wanted all glory to go to the Father.

The more I read of the Man, the more I like Him!

Sylvia

• diffedexjw
    diffedexjw

Because he's just a fictional character in a book? At least that's what I think.

• Eliveleth
  • journey-on
    journey-on

Thank you Eliveleth. I'm reading it now. BTW, good to see you back.

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

Q Document is believed to contain the original saying of Jesus recorded by his followers during his earthly ministry. Many scholars believe this document was the source that the writer of mark used in his gospel and then just filled in the narrative by himself and by what others had said.

I don't believe that Gospels to be accurate reliable sources of Jesus life and teachings. The books themselves do not contain the writers names. And they are written from a second hand perspective. Their stories do not fit with a Jewish prophet living under such conditions.

• StAnn
    StAnn

"if Jewish oral traditions were not written down then what is the talmud"

Villabolo, the Talmud is just like the rest of the Bible, Old and New Testaments~oral traditions that are later written down by the believers and then edited by other believers over a period of time. It's not as if Moses was wandering the desert with a steno pad and a pen in his cloak pocket.

St. Ann

• snowbird
    snowbird

John 20:29 Jesus said, "So, you believe because you've seen with your own eyes. Even better blessings are in store for those who believe without seeing."

30 -31 Jesus provided far more God-revealing signs than are written down in this book. These are written down so you will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and in the act of believing, have real and eternal life in the way he personally revealed it.

John 21:25 There are so many other things Jesus did. If they were all written down, each of them, one by one, I can't imagine a world big enough to hold such a library of books.

Uh huh.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why do you think Jesus never wrote anything down?...........Jesus never wrote anything down,because he had a good Memory......................Bounce...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ Outlaw!

He certainly confounded the Pharisees and Sadducees!

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Jesus said, "So, you believe because you've seen with your own eyes. Even better blessings are in store for those who believe without seeing."

You cite one of the greatest evils ever perpetrated on the human race. That is, transforming believing jibbering nonsense with no evidence from a form of idiocy into a virtue. Disgusting to say the least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit