A lesbian has been studying with JW for several years!

by asilentone 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Having a lifestyle that isn't compatible with one's religious beliefs doesn't usually result in a person leaving the religion surely? I would have thought that if she believes what she is studying is true then she has a conflict between what she believes about the world and her own sexuality. If that is the case then she is to be pitied as it will either lead to enforced celibacy, marriage of convenience (the elders told me to get married!), occasional sin and repentance until the elders find out and boot her out or leaving the BOrg under her own steam when she realises what a CoS it all is.

• StAnn
    StAnn

In this case, Gromit, she isn't a Dub yet and she'd have to prove that she could remain celibate before they would allow her to become one. Also, if she is a lesbian, no one in her Kingdom Hall will befriend her yet she will have to give up all of her friends to join the WTS. Hers will be an incredibly sad and lonely life.

St. Ann

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Spot on. Very sad.

• mouthy
    mouthy

If anyone remember the book "JIM" this case reminds me of that.

Jim was a really good JW,,, but wrestled with his sexuality..When they found out he was gay.
    They "ousted" him. So sad!!!!
    If you want to read about judgment within the Wt read it.
    it is by June Caldwell. I understand this was one of the strories that made her an atheist.

• aniron
    aniron

I mentioned to my son about the JW I mentioned above, as they are both same age and knew each other back then from the KH.

He said he had met him about 2-3 weeks ago and he look fit, and was doing well in his job. Also he was still with the guy he started the "study" with. They are from all accounts both very happy together.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

As an aside, how does someone study for several years? When I was in the Borg I don't recall studies that lasted several years.

• polin
    polin

Gays and lesbians are people too.So I think it is quite normal that everyone has a right to do what he or she wants including studying with JW.And no matter if she/he is studying for ages.It's not my business and that's all ! ha ha ha

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Well, here's the thing.... if she's a married lesbian, then would she have to divorce her wife in order to be baptised? And if so, then isn't divorce without adultery against JW rules? So it's quite an impasse. She'd have to break up her family completely in order to become JW and remain absolutely celibate for the rest of her life or until Armageddon when Jehoober "fixes" her. Wonder if he'll fix the other species of animals who engage in same-sex relationships, too....

• polin
    polin

Morbidzbaby , although i didin't have contact JW for many years i must say that they are not wrong in each case,for example like this.To be honest i wouldn't say that i like JWS very much but i 'm interested in the Bible .It tells us that God made man and woman and He purposed for sexual desires to be fulfilled only between them So it is no surprise that God condemns any homosexual behaviours.And , of course, there is the only One ,this means God who knows our human makeup better than anyone else( because He is our Creator.)And of course homosexuality is not rooted in the genes but it is a learned behaviour.i very well know the Biblical account of Sadom and Gomorrah reveals God's feelings about such things.The extent of their sinful depravity was apparent when two men ,this means angels,visited Lot.The men of Sadom were bad and were gross sinners against God.They wanted Lot to bring the men to them that they would't be able to have intercourse with them. Romans ,first chapter says the men because "violently inflamed in their lust toward one another males with males".Jude chapter 7 says," they had gone out after flesh for unnatural use".God commended his ancient people : "you must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with woman.It is a detestable thing "Leviticus 18:22

God's direction that "marriage be honorable among all" precludes homosexual unions,which He consideres detestable -Heb 13;4.And i know that many who formerly pursued a homosexual life-style have broken free from such bad practies. The Bible says 1Kor 6:9 that some Christians (who lived in the first century ) who had practiced homosexuality changed their life style.The next example is Freddie Mercury.I possess some materials that evidently prove that he was simply involved in such imoral homosexual practices.And of course no one was born as a homosexualist. So it is sure that God didin't create lesbians or homosexualists and because of this He has a right to require of us to avoid such practiceces.He doesn't approve same-sex relationship and so such homosexual marriage cannot be real marriage according to The Bible .That is why it is not impasse at all but ratter it is easy .Such human unions cannot fulfil God's purpose for people to have children( the main plan for the earth) and fill the whole earth. i know that everything what God require of us is possible to be done and of course is natural that an anus is not for sex.And I think that we should hate such imoral practices but not people who do them because God is love and wants everyone to change and live.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

And of course no one was born as a homosexualist

I humbly beg to differ. Human sexuality is an inborn trait. Just as a heterosexual cannot help being heterosexual, a homosexual cannot help being homosexual. You cannot CHOOSE to be heterosexual and you cannot CHOOSE to be homosexual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit