Puke alert! There is another JWN - I left a comment

by AK - Jeff 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

look what i just found

Joe SB Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    May 2, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I think the Society is doing a great job of publishing spiritual food when needed. How gladdenning it is to see that the anointed are increasing after decreasing for so long. Praise to the Faithful and Discreet Slave for there food in due season.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sad emo... or should I say, Sad eno,

I was actually enthralled by their typo... "Anerican Sign Language". They couldn't even spell American correctly.

However, I think they've been reading our posts here on the real JWN... I see it has now been corrected with the "m"! I think they're watching us...

Be afraid... be very afraid!

B the X

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That guy looks like Jim Carrey

• Borgia
    Borgia

Well, their message to opposer is now being confronted with a message to JW, and gives them something to think about........Of course I used an alias or should I have used a U instead of an I....but hen again that may have been tooooo obvious......

I'll let you know if it's ran through or if there's any response.......

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    May 3, 2009 at 6:07 am

Hi. It’s good to have a tiny neck in the cyberwoods to hang out. I will leave you to your own devices save the below comments just to entice you to look at the world and mimic your masters eye:

Allow me to convey my profound wishes that your sense truth and love will be your guides in pursuit of hapiness.

Cheers

I Renoir

Jehovah’s Witnesses represent individuals
    from all walks of life around the world who
    have voluntarily left the churches of Christendom,
    Judaism, Islam, and virtually all other religions,
    despite the sometimes intense criticism from friends
    and family or even physical persecution
    (often the influence of religious leaders)
    because we are lovers of truth.
    Unquote

Although this is almost the whole truth in western society the babtisms there are virtually all kids from Witnesses at age ranges between 6 and 18 with an empahasis on 13-16.

I would not want to call those people
    tried and tested pillars of spiritual fortitude,
    Unquote

Since the retention rate with Jehovah’s witnesses is 35%. That means that 2 out of 3 walks out. Just think back on your childhood JW friends from the KH. How many are left? .

has never, or will ever implement a means
    for them to preach the “Good News Of The Kingdom”
    in a united & dignified, way as Christ’s followers did,
    and continue to do today.
    Unquote

LOADED LANGUAGE WARNING.
    APOSTATE: In JW speak this refers to those who are “no longer in full harmony with the truth as taught by Jehovah’s Witnesses”. This is clearly not a biblical or scriptural definition. JW reasoning on trinity is straight forward: The word is not in the bible, the idea is not even in the bible => it is unbiblical. You find that compelling reasoning? OK. Apply your critical faculty to the JW definition of apostate………

In the Christian sense (John) apostate means those who deny Jesus coming in the flesh. This would make former JW members who are now belonging to another denomenation still Christians; your brothers.

As it comes to apostate: In your opening comments you acknowledge JW themselves are primarily apostate Catholics, Muslims, Protestants, etc.

On top you are forgetting a major group: Agnostics, Deist and Atheist. These groups rank high on former JW-members. These people will never ever start a preaching campaign in favour of Jesus Kingdom.

So the argument really is…….a red herring……a logical fallacy. Creating an argument where there is none.

DIGNIFIED as oppossed to undignified drive by comments. Dear site owner: knocking on doors is equal to walking by. The only difference is: you get many absent. What makes you think your walk by comments are more dignified than my”drive by ” comment? Here I get two possibilities:
    1) you will admit my comment. In that case you can be compared to a random householder opening the door and listening to a Witness appealing presentation.
    2) you will not admit my comment. In which case you can be compared with a householder being home but hiding behind the Geraniums for fear of listening to a Witness.

You may choose how the golden rule would apply here……..

UNITED: you mean united in one organisation with one way of doing things, with one dress code, with one micro managed body of rules for believe and life? Well, looking at it from a higher level, truth be told here…..preaching is done in several ways and the JW-way: knocking on doors is not the only way. I refer here to Jesus command to celebrate the evening meal so as long as it was celebrated it would herald the son of man untill he would arrive in his kingdom. I also refer here to the fact that even in Jesus own days reportedly people who were no fellow disciples used his name to further his goals. Remember? Have you ever checked out website that deal with persecution of Christians in Asian countries?

In light of how critical the times are,
    there offers itself no other right course
    than for all to repent, while there is still time,
    and return to the “Shepherd of your souls”.
    Unquote

The times are critical allright. So is your faculty to think. The above is called appeal to fear. This is a logical fallacy. Since the JW way is larded with appeals to fear under the guise of love (it is rather the fear of death, the fear of the critical times, the fear of Armageddon, the fear to displease god) people tend to loose their soul instead of gaining it. Steve Hassan in his book “Combatting Cult Mind Control” and “Relasing the Bonds” atttest to this principle. For this reason (actually for the influence this has on youth) JW’s are under criticism in Russia, Czechia, France, Germany, and other countries.

Although I understand sincerity, it would not be enough to just be sincere. Saul was sincere when he stoned Stephen, while Stephen could be perceived of as being apostate. Would any of you Witnesses, inhabited with Saul like zeal for true worship throw stones? You may say no…I would never ever…….but how many people have you shunned for the sake of difference of life style and religion? Are you willing to shun your apostate brother? father? mother? son? daughter?

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Interesting fact is that not just Jw's wore the purple triangle - though I have never heard that admission from WTS literature.

Me either... kinda puts a new perspective on things now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit