First post after lurking on the sidelines

by onefootout 50 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I lurked for a little bit as an active dub. I already knew I was "on the way out" before I ever joined.
    By the time of my first post, I had already resigned as an elder and started the fade. Reading and posting here encouraged me to stop going to meetings for other people. I was finally compelled to join and weigh in on the issue of Bethel layoffs a few years ago.

What I am saying is, welcome. And being here will help you. Welcome. Welcome.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, OFO.

In time it will be TFO.

Sylvia

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Welcome onefootout!

The 607/1914 thing did it for me too, and it's remained one of my pet subjects ever since.

Your fellow paranoiac,

Ann.

• Colton
    Colton

Welcome aboard!

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Welcome OFO !!! Oh Im glad you spoke up. Its much for fun when you jump into the pool with us. LOL!

Yep we are all in some state of being stuck with this religion....like the Tar Baby....we just cant shake it.

hugs, LD

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

ofo - you certainly are NOT alone. Welcome and look forward to your comments.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome!

Like you I googled "Jerusalem 607" one day and the rest is history.

Like you I am a lifer and 18 months after my epiphany I have one foot in and one foot out.

This cult really knows how to lock people in!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome Ofo!!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I knew about 587 years ago, but accepted the borg's explanation that Satan's system had everything wrong.

I left a year ago over 1919, 1938, and FDS issues, and then the dominoes all fell down. I went to an assmebly on March 29, 2008 and took my two feet out that day.

I hope you can get your 2 feet out eventually too. Welcome!

• ninja
    ninja

I hope you don't put your foot back in again....or else we'll all be doing the hokey cokey...............

welcome btw.....da ninja.....p.s ....I'm real.....(well not really a ninja.....but I have watched a few bruce lee films.......and my guinea pigs get worried

when I get my nunchucks out........yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....squeeak....squeeak........eek!....).....ninja drop kicks zoom

across the room........p.s..........zoom is one of my guinea pigs...........p.p.s.....is this one of those incomprehensible posts?

anyways.....I'm away to bandage her up......I know zoom is a weird name for a female guinea pig....but it was my daughter's idea.....she was only 4 at

the time......(my daughter...not the guinea pig)

anyways...enough about me......what's your favourite shape of pasta?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit