Attitudes of WT Society Leaders Towards " Rights " of Child Abuse Victims and Elders

by flipper 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The Wt has had it rough from the start.
  • flipper
    flipper
    FISHERMAN- The WT has NOT had it rough from the start. The WT has MADE it rough on it's own members from the start by breaking up families and keeping policies and doctrines that cost people their lives. The WT is a " closed " society that has intentionally cut itself off from reality and the real issues we deal with in this real world
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    The spirit of the world has sensitized people regarding their legal " rights "

The spirit of the world, which we know they think is wicked, has made people aware of their legal rights! Yet human beings have been fighting for centuries, often at the risk of their own lives, for human rights, women's rights, children's rights and animal rights.

Now this cult is putting the word rights in inverted commas as if rights are a nonsense, as if they don't exist. It seems in their eyes people don't have any rights at all, they simply must obey their leaders and put up with being abused or watch their precious children being abused and keep their mouths shut about it. How dispicable to find this treatment of people's rights in the twenty-first century.

Thank you very much Flipper for bringing this to our attention. If you are reading this and you are still a JW remember that according to your religion you have no rights, none at all. They are just a product of 'the spirit of the world'.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Hello Flipper: Thanks for starting this post. Many of us came in to the organization with the idea that we were entering into a safe haven. Yet found out that it was the opposite. It's ironic that we used to go door to door telling people of our earthly paradise, but in reality we were setting them up for possible abuses of their children. I cringe when I think of the part I unknowingly played in the deception.

Fisherman: "Rough from the start" ????? Blame the victim mentality at it's best.

• flipper
    flipper

XANTHIPPE- I agree completely with you. WT leaders ARE despicable in their deploring and putting down people's " Rights " by insinuating those " rights " are something that they don't deserve. Like you state- we are living in the 21st century for Christ's sakes and people throughout history have fought for freedom, justice, and equality between humans - and for the WT Society to put into writing that alleged " rights " are something to be minimized or avoided means that WT leaders are no different than the 19th century slave owners in this country who stole the freedom away and abused the African -American race or how the United States abused the Native American race of people .

By enslaving people's minds in bondage to unrealities and then throwing their children under the bus by protecting pedophiles within their congregations the leaders of this WT organization have indeed become slave owners who have no real human empathy for victims of child abuse at all. They are right on par with slave owners and abusive U.S. Cavalry in the 19th century. Good post Xanthippe- I agree completely with you.

4THGEN- Thanks, it's an important topic that needs to be emphasized. I'm going to try to expose this as much as I can. I know like you stated - me being raised up from birth as a JW and finally exiting 11 years ago at age 44 - I felt I was being raised in a " safe haven " - but when I exited and discovered all the criminal child abuse going on and being hidden - I felt like you, used to promote false illusions for the WT Society. It made ME feel dirty for awhile until I realized that it wasn't MY fault we were ALL duped by a criminal organization posing as a nice religion. WT Society is really an evil organization masquerading as an allegedly " respectable " organization- and that makes them even MORE dangerous because they hide their crimes so well. But a new day is dawning and they can hide no more. WT crimes are getting exposed more each year

• never a jw
    never a jw

For 2 years (2012-2014) I researched the WT magazines, and from the beginning I thought they were arrogant, delusional and manipulative liars, but it took me a while to accept the existence of the pedophile protection program (PPP) and the ulterior motives of the WT, namely $$$$$$. What awakened me to this reality was the discovery of the following article few months ago. The whole thing spells "money matters more than children".

This is how the Watchtower proposes to solve child abuse problems.

“ *** w95 11/1 28 Comfort for Those With a "Stricken Spirit" ***
    If there is some valid reason to suspect that the alleged perpetrator is still abusing children, a warning may
    have to be given. The congregation elders can help in such a case. Otherwise, take your time. Eventually, you may be content to let the matter drop. If, though, you want to confront the alleged perpetrator (after first assessing how you would feel about the possible responses), you have a right to do so.”

What if the sufferer decides that he wants to make an accusation? Then the two elders can advise him that, in line with the principle at Matthew 18:15, he should personally approach the accused about the matter. If the accuser is not emotionally able to do this face-to-face, it can be done by telephone or perhaps by writing a letter. In this way the one accused is given the opportunity to go on record before Jehovah with his answer to the accusation. He may even be able to present evidence that he could not have committed the abuse. Or perhaps the one accused will confess, and a reconciliation may be achieved. What a blessing that would be!”

• never a jw
    never a jw

Flipper wrote:

"WT leaders won't even SNIFF at an admission of a child abuse problem"

Actually Richard Ashe admitted it, but he said that that was not the WT problem, they (WT) only responsibility is to protect spirituality. Physical protection is the responsibility of secular authorities. The chutzpah!!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    flipper: Your conclusions.
  • flipper
    flipper

NEVER AJW- Very good catch there in that article from 1995. Wow. Telling elders to " be content to let the matter drop " regarding child abuse ? Wow, just wow. And this jewel, " Or perhaps the accused one will confess, and a RECONCILIATION may be achieved. What a blessing THAT would be ! " Unbelievable.

Yeah, to the WT society it would be a blessing if reconciliation happened between abusers and victims- they wouldn't get stuck paying out millions $$$ in child abuse lawsuits ! But it shows just HOW out of touch the GB and WT leaders are with reality in the real world to think a reconciliation could happen between child abuse victims and their molesters. Thanks for the information.

FISHERMAN- No, not just my conclusions. The majority of people's conclusions

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The majority of people's conclusions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit