How common is swinging among JWs?

by JimmyPage 41 Replies latest jw friends

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

OTWO - You probably came off as too spiritual. They probably dropped hints but you and your wife didn't catch on so they didn't push it any further.

Anyway...I think its more common than believers think. I know of several groups of swingers in different areas over the past 10 years.

One congregation used to confuse the living daylights out of me...because so many of the kids had a different the last name than their parents and that of a JW male in congo or of one in a neighboring congregation. I simply thought everyone was cousins or something...

Then one day this older single JW lady, who prides herself on her lifelong chasity, gave me the lowdown after I talked about how confusing it was with the names. She told me to be careful about what I say because everyone is practically related to everyone across the two congregations. Apparently about 7 or 8 years ago there was a lot of wife-swapping between these two neighboring congos. A number of folks were df'd, many of them divorced their spouse and married one of the other folks from the swingers circle. Just about everyone was reinstated or got their privileges back by 2005.

This congo was interesting...the elder body comprised of 2 fathers and their sons...practically no one went in field service...monthly avg of 3 hours...2 phantom pioneers...they were very happy to get a pioneer (me). Here's the thing...brothers in this congo winked at me all the time...friends of mine told me that it just meant the brothers thought I was cool...if I were funny and fat I would believe that...plus it felt like an invitation.

Anyway, one of the elders eventually told me that it would be best if I went to a different congregation...so I did and a crazy accusatory letter followed. Little did I know it but that was the beginning of the end for me and the JWs.

JWs are a real trip...LOL...bunch of freaks.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I stay away from the swings since as a youth I kept hitting my enormous genitals on them....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I was never asked, and my wife's a babe.
    Not gonna say it!

I was figuring someone would hint that if it wasn't her, it must have been me.
    That might be the real truth.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

There have been quite a few documented cases of swinging down under.... and in Australia too!

I know 2 c/o's who got the chop due to personal shepherding calls on the circuit. Though it doesnt count as swinging as the c/o's wife wasnt playing the game. One of the c/o's had 7 women in 7 different congos and no I am not making that one up!!! He got caught out after giving a talk at a district convention in Melbourne back around 1991. He was giving the usual holier than thou talk including the danger of immorality. One of the sisters he was knocking on doors with (she lived in Albury NSW), felt so ashamed she went to the convention chairmans office and poured her heart out to one of the visiting bethel bros.

It all came to a head (no pun intended) and the c/o was df'd, left his wife and moved to Western Australia with one of the sisters he was sleeping with (from Kyabram Victoria). I should stop here but it gets juicier...... All of the sisters he was sleeping with were single sisters/single mums. The son of the sister the c/o ran away with was my mate, he was pioneering too and shattered as his mum was now df'd and his mum later married that c/o, so his mum and new step dad were both df'd.

To help the small congregation in Kyabram get over the controversy, bethel sent down from Sydney a young couple who were both pioneering and hubby was elder. My mate was an m/s and only pioneer in this country congo. Yep you guessed it, my mate and the wife of this pioneer elder soon started doing rv's in secluded country areas (she offered more than a shoulder to cry on!) Him - df'd, she - reproved and went back to Sydney with hubby in tow (he left her in the end).

The other c/o that I know of was a newly appointed c/o who loved himself way tooooo much..... (he was my boss at the assemblies) He left Melbourne with his wife bound for his first assignment in sunny Perth. Oh oh, dearie me, attending one of these congregations in his circuit was a married sister that he fooled around with some 25 years ago when they were both single. Whatever shall we do?? I know, lets take up from where we left of! Which they did, it only lasted a few weeks before she confessed and he was removed halfway through a visit. Shortest ever stint as a c/o in Australia (3 months).

Good times, good times......

• penny2
    penny2

Mattieu, that's funny! I heard stories of some husband/wife swaps in Adelaide but I didn't know the couples personally.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Penny2, funny but true!!! I was actually on the phone to my mate (sort of a fader) in Adelaide this morning. I know a few in/from Adelaide that I am sure you would know of too. Do you know of the scandals that rocked Kanagroo Island a number of years ago?

Mattieu

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

There was some wife swapping going on in the Kingaroy, Queensland area (Australia) in the late 70's/early 80's. I was told this personally by the elder and his wife who were sent up there to sort it out.

Hopscotch

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hopscotch,

Sounds like they were eating to much of Flo's scones! Which part of Oz are you in?

Mattieu............ in sunny Melbourne, nah, grey and raining today!

• penny2
    penny2
    Do you know of the scandals that rocked Kanagroo Island a number of years ago?

I didn't think the congregation would be big enough to have any scandals!

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Penny2,

I didn't think the congregation would be big enough to have any scandals!

Thats the problem, the congo was small and mainly just a few families and some individuals who went to "serve molest where the need is great"

Again, it was swept under the carpet. Apart from an MS being removed, I do not think anything was done about it. It all unfolded just before the big International convention when SA came over to Melbourne, 2000/1 I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit