How common is swinging among JWs?

by JimmyPage 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Roski, spot on!!!! His brother took my pioneer school (BH), I really liked him, great sense of humour and he liked Aussie rules footy.

Mattieu.,

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Oh ya. There was swinging. These are not things, people go publicly anouncing to anyone, anymore than a deviant preist, would talk about his offtime affairs, and deeds. Truly riteous folks, in my opinion are rare. Most of what one sees is just an illusion.

To those who think it's a rarity. Just look at the comments, by some who were part of these clandestine clicks. From Austrailia to Canada, and the whole world over, people are the same. Not to devalue any credit from the truly sincere souls.

Because of the great injustice that was done to me, and I wasn't even baptised. I lived by the rules. Wasn't part of any clicks,but I spent years trying to tell myself, that I wasn't so bad. The illusion was, they were bad. They needed a scapegoat. Someone to point the finger at. Some who's family would not defend me,due to gross naivity. It worked~!

But since then,I have dug up info on elders, elders daughters and sons, and anyone , that has a beef,with a story to tell. This new paradigm opened my eyes. I found out who was swingin. I found out who was screwin who. I found out who went with hookers and the elders daughters who became hookers.

Once the veneer is peeled off it's effin ugly. But you know what. I'm a cool guy. I understand, a lot of the human condition the needs, the desires the faults. I'm cool.

BUT!!! I expect everyone,to get the same deal,for the same sin. It's just politics. There is no justice. The things I hear,going on now,blow my mind. I am in absolute awe, of the conniving audacity, the Moxy, the Chutzpah. I call it,the "hipocracy theocracy."

How dare you slime,point a finger at me! That takes a lot brass.

• Roski
    Roski

Mattieu - I wasn't told the reason for him being DF'd at the time, but your story pointed to him. I've known him for a long time. Actually, I think the 'old love' would have been a lot more than 25 years previously (I can guess the time) ... he's no spring chicken. Yes, his brother is a decent person, but I always thought he was too although he tended to be a bit hypo about things. I'm guessing there is a little more to the story too - but no excuse anyway. He was reinstated within about 6 months I believe (if I remember correctly) - connections....

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

I'm useless with names, can't think of the CO you mean, but I'm sure I'd know him - PM anyone?

In Perth, north of the river, there was a CO and his wife that brought a young woman into the "truth" and she went on to be very close friends with them both. She even kept a room at her house for them so that they could come and stay if ever they needed a place. Well I remember being out in field with her, and she would get phone calls from him, and then get all secretive and smiley and walk off to talk to him. Turns out they were doing the deed and had been for quite some time. When the shit hit the fan, they ran away together to Queensland and are married now. I think reinstated as well even? Groan.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I remember when I was MS in the late 1980's, I went to the circuit assembly meeting for the MS and Elders only. The Circuit Assembly overseer was talking about a very big problem, it was about swinging. He said the CO and him were very concerned about the frequent swinging in the circuit.

• dissed
    dissed

I only knew of one case and it was in my So. California congregation. Two Elders, a MS and their wives were all DF'd.

But, sex and drug parties were almost common place.

Over 20 kids were DF'd in the Victorville, Ca area in the late 1980's for drug and sex parties, plus prostitution.

Later in Flagstaff, Az. where I moved, another large bunch of kids got nailed for drugs and sex parties.

Probably few in these areas know about that past, but at the time, it was real big news.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm beginning to see why I never fit in anywhere I went: I was the real JW deal but few others were.

They didn't want to have any secrets leak out and get into trouble.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

Last year or the year before in OREGON (ORE - E - GONE) there 3 or more young couples who got caught - several were df'd but not all. Swingin' is still alive and, well, swingin'.

DS

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

MY QUESTION is, 2 witness couples sitting in a room, one is an elder and his wife.... how the hell does the conversation start and how does it lead to swapping? Who makes the first move and how did they simultaneously overcome the 'this is a terrible sin' barrier?

And most importantly, why weren't we ever invited to these parties? LOL

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

@Prov 1320: AMEN - I would love an invite. :-) I'm single now, so I can swing to my heart's content.

I had a similar question - if this kind of thing becomes known, how far do the elders let it go before it becomes actionable? I can see letting a kiss go - but how about several? or how much touching is allowed before it falls into the grey abyss of "loose conduct"?

Anyone?

DS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit