How common is swinging among JWs?

by JimmyPage 41 Replies latest jw friends

• penny2
    penny2

Hmmm. There's too many of those "molestation" type scandals in the org.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was involved in swinging as a JW... It was very common in several halls I went to. Occasionally there would be a bust but usually it went under the radar. Sometimes it was swapping sometimes it was more nude hot tubing/watching the other couple sometimes groping etc occasionally it even went so far as full blown mini-orgies. (say 5-6 people)

The only time I EVER knew the people to get in trouble was when the got involved with drugs as well and made a stink. Then they were df'ed. I was certainly never df'ed, I got talked to once or twice but I simply sat there and denied any involvement. The people I was with knew I wouldn't rat them out so even if they started ratting each other they never ratted on me.

The last group I was with before I left got seriously busted but it was more over the drugs and one of the girls died in a house fire because she was too stoned to get out and then two of the guys got killed in separate car accidents (drugs suck) so the elders HAD to pay attention. Too of the girls got reproved and removed as pioneers and then three guys got df'ed and two other girls. I got nothing but I jump quick don't do drugs and crap doesn't stick with JW's if you just stand there and say 'nope wasn't me...'

I think that the two girls who got reproved stayed in. Only one of the others has gone back and he just went back to get him a new wife and both him (and the new wife) have semi-faded again. I still see two of the guys and one of the girls quite frequently. One is now a staff Sergeant in the US army and the girl is getting married this summer so it worked out well!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Mattieu - hi. Hint as to where I live - "beautiful one day, perfect the next", "where else but Queensland!". I actually live just north of Brisbane and at the moment the weather is perfect up here - beautiful clear sunny days and cool nights. I wonder if it was all the peanuts as well as Flo's pumpkin scones that did for the swingers in Kingaroy!.

Hopscotch

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If you saw the couples around my congregation....

Well, it certainly provided no desire for me to swing.. lol...

I honestly don't think its that common. Sure, in a group of millions, you are going to find the occasional swingers, but I hardly think that makes it pervasive. Just my two cents.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I don't think it happens all that much.

BTS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My parents were really into that. Of course this was in the late 60's and early 70's and they weren't Witnesses either.

Having said that, what I saw really gave me the creeps.

Chris

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I recall that from time to time there were "Special Needs" talks about how swinging was wrong.

They wouldn't have a Special Talk if there wasn't a Special Need.

• Roski
    Roski

Mattieu - The disfellowshipped CO in Perth - are his initials AH? Just wondering.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

We saw a little of it in maybe... 50% of the halls we went too. If there were several young attractive couples in a hall it was happening. I don't know what happened among the 'older' couples but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it happened there a bit too.

• minimus
    minimus

I never knew of any JWs that were swingers. I heard in Ohio, there were a number that got df'd.

I have met a few swingers within the last few years and basically they weren't pushy but clearly indicated what they were into.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit