How would you respond to a Witness calling worldly people "wicked?"

by BonaFide 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

This morning in the field ministry a brother in our car group was talking about wicked people. I asked him what he thinks of when he says "wicked people." (I am working undercover) He said, "Those that don't worship Jehovah."

So I said, "But, what are they doing that is wicked?" He said, "Well for example, at my office, in my section, there are six people. All of them are living together without being married. I am the only one that is not fornicating. That's wicked."

How would you respond to that? Without openly trashing the Organization?

BF

• Chalam
    Chalam

John 8 (New International Version)

John 8

1 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11 "No one, sir," she said.
    "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Matthew 5:27-28 (New International Version)

Adultery
    27 "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

The words of Jesus are active and powerful.

All the best,

Stephen

• lavendar
    lavendar

Ask him how he's going to feel when he has to help build houses & raise food for all the billions of "wicked" people that'll be resurrected onto the New Earth after Armegeddon? (heh heh)

• garybuss
    garybuss

My definition of "wicked" is being in a car full of Witnesses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ask him how he feel`s about the WBT$ hiding and protecting Child Molesters......................OUTLAW

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Whats their address? I need to go 'witness' to them!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

"How do you feel you can best help those whom you work with?"

I'd ignore the knee-jerk language used.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's a disparging term, kinda like someone saying all black people are lazy or all asians are bad drivers or all jews are money grubbers or when my mother says "you know how white people are" wink wink.

• yknot
    yknot

I would gently remind him that we are all sinners and that Jesus came to call the sinners not the righteous.

I would then ask what headway has he made in influencing these lost souls to seek righteousness?

Then I would ask if he thought his 'attitude' of judgement was imparing those actions?

I would then share Luke 18:9-14 privately and ask that he meditate deeply upon his words and the passage

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

I find it despicable for anyone on any level of faith to call some one wicked. The bible clearly says "Judge not or you shall be judged." As a matter of fact we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. Some people are so self righteous that they say anything out of their mouths. Now they need to be disfellowshipped or counseled for making those comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit