Why do so many Xjw's not end up in some sort of trouble?

by AK - Jeff 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They'd probably call me materialistic because I have a good career, a new truck, just bought a house, 6 new appliances, and a ton of other stuff, all top of the line. I don't think of it as being "materialistic". I just like to buy high quality products in the hopes that they won't have to be replaced after one or two years.

Oh, and they'd probably say I "worship" my bird.

W

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

There are some really insightful comments in this thread. After many years of being away from wts I agree that the fear-mongering about all the terrible things that happen to people who leave is just a control thing. In general, I think we do just as well, if not slightly better (due to experiences we have had) than anyone else.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

welll hmmm

• I tried to smoke a joint once and even tried hash once -- I don't even smoke.
    • I don't run around to bars - only been in a couple of them (accused of but it naver happened)
    • I drink occasionally but less now than when I was a JW (which wasn't much)
    • I lived with a guy for 3 years and another for 2 years before I married him.
    • I have had sex with other people I wasn't married to but only when I wasn't in a relationship
    • I don't hang out with nasty people
    • I'm not into seducing children (yes I have been accused of that) or another women's husband

I have done

• I went to college and then on to university
    • I put up a Christmas tree and celebrate birthdays
    • sometimes I let out the odd swear word
    • I talk to apostates
  • WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Pure propaganda. They told ALL of us that crap in the JWs. Villify anybody who leaves...only HORRIBLE things happen to people who leave. Only BAD SINFUL people are kicked out of the JWs to "protect the congregation and keep it clean" they are like DOGS RETURNING TO THEIR VOMIT.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain IIIIIIIIII IIIII AM THE GREAT AND POWERFULLLL OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

While I do agree with this topic to a certain extend, I have to say that those who pull it off after leaving equal those who end in misery. I am not gonna give any examples or tell stories about what I know ( i do not want to end up being "shunned" here), but it is a fact and most will agree.

GB

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I've been out a little over a year and I do not consider myself a bad person. I did rebel a little at first and smoked a joint but didn't go any further with it. I did pickup and old habit and smoke a little but that's it. I'll give it up again when I think I'm done with it. No big deal.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

All the XJW`s,I know are healthy productive people(Although some what damaged from being in a Cult).............The ones still in are a frgg`n mess..........That fact totaly go`s against the Propaganda,the WBT$ and Jehovah`s Witness`s peddle................The WBT$ and their Cult the Jehovah`s Witness`s are Dangerous to your health and well being....................This board and the people on it are proof of that!....................................OUTLAW

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    This board and the people on it are proof of that!......

LOL

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If I hadn't come here, I wouldn't have realized that so many xdubs go on to live average, good, or even great lives. LuckyNun, love your example.

I think it makes a big difference whether those that leave are still believers. If someone realizes that they have been trapped in a cult and they don't believe sky-daddy and Satan are out to get them, they are in a much better position mentally to move on, have some fun, get an education, have a family... and stay out of serious trouble. However, if someone still believes it's "the truth" and that they have been rejected by Jehovah and their friends and family are shunning them out of "true Christian love" and Armageddon is coming very soon to destroy them since they're not in "the truth"... yeah, that's a recipe for mental self-destruction.

Like Jeff started with, much is about "abandonning the lies known as Jehovah's Witnesses." Regardless of how one lives after leaving the dubs, if they still believe the lies... that's really sad.

B the X

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Borgbots!

I love that word. [As I crank out the ole' cyber-dictionary to add it.]

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit