Is it safe to say that woman tend to overanalyze relationships?

by asilentone 32 Replies latest social relationships

• asilentone
  • sir82
    sir82

<Fetching popcorn>

This is gonna be good....

• minimus
    minimus

No...it is not "safe".

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

It might be true, but that doesn't mean it is safe to say it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I am a woman and I say it is safe to say so because it is true. Now, the other women on the forum may not agree with me. LOL

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

WOMAN'S DIARY 28 July 2007 Saturday
    Saw him in the evening and he was acting really strangely. I'd been shopping in the afternoon with the girls and was a bit late meeting him, thought it might be that. The bar was really crowded and loud, so I suggested we go somewhere quieter to talk.. He was still very subdued and distracted so I suggested we went somewhere nice to eat. All through dinner he just didn't seem himself - he hardly laughed and didn't seem to be paying any attention to me or to what I was saying, I just knew that something was wrong. He dropped me back home and I wondered if he was going to come in,
    He hesitated but followed.
    I asked him what was wrong, but he just half shook his head and turned the television on. After about ten minutes of silence I said that I was going upstairs to bed, I put my arms around him and told him that I loved him deeply, He just gave a sigh and a sad sort of smile. He didn't follow me up immediately but came up later and, to my surprise, we
    made love - but he still seemed distant and a bit cold.

I cried myself to sleep - I think he's planning to leave me - maybe he's found someone else.

MAN'S DIARY:
    Saturday 28 July
    australia lost the cricket.

Gutted. Got a root though

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

I think women tend to analyze relationships more than men. Oprah had a good example the other day about how different males and females think. There was a young girl and boy (14 I believe) that were saying they loved each other and ready for sex. The therapist asked them how long they thought this relationship would last.

The boy said 6 months to a year. The girl was shocked. She thought it was forever. In her mind she had analyzed their relationship into a lifetime.

(asilentone, did you get my email? Just checking as I am on the Apple and emails didn't work from Apple computers a few years back on JWD)

• yknot
    yknot

Depends....

What do you mean by 'safe' and on what scale are you gauging the analytical process?

Does this have anything to do with you past break-ups or that uncomfortable email from a ladyfriend?

How is your relationship with your mother? When was the first time you felt at ease with the opposite sex after entering puberty?

Is this really about women or is it about you as a single male needing to get some laundry done?

LOL......

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I know I do. I WAY overanalyze. In fact, it's gotten me into a bit of a snag over the past week. I was upset because I'm usually the one who calls or texts my partner, whereas if I didn't do it every day, I wouldn't hear from him for 2 or 3 days. I feel like he doesn't care about me like I care about him...like maybe I'm not important enough to him to get in touch with. I feel like I am the one chasing him and I'm the aggressor in our relationship and I have ALWAYS felt that way in my past relationships and I friggin' HATE it. I hate feeling like I have to chase someone down and like I'm not important to him. It cheeses me off, but I wasn't going to talk to him about it. I was just going to let it go. But he always knows when something is wrong with me, so he asked me to tell him. I calmly explained (through text) how I was feeling, but he assumed I was yelling at him and he hasn't spoken to me for a week. And now I'm sitting here wondering how I could have changed things, what he's thinking, if he wants to continue this relationship, if he even loves me at all, etc. And he won't talk to me so I can make it right. He's upset over a misunderstanding, but he won't just talk to me so we can fix it and it's driving me bonkers! And the longer he goes without talking to me, the more I analyze things. And I can't wait forever and put my life on hold until he decides to talk to me. I don't know HOW long it will be. The longer the silence, the more intense the analyzation. So I just have one thing to say to guys out there...Friggin' TALK! Christ! We can't make it right if you shut us out. Guys complain that women do this, but yet a lot of them do the same damn thing. ARGH!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Is it safe to say? Absolutely because as Robdar said, it's TRUE.

Glad that 14-yr old girl got the wake-up call to reality. Ouch! But better sooner than later.

Ynot, funny. Ha!

Watch this for a glimpse into the vast difference between the male/female brain... Too funny...

MARK GUNGOR: THE TALE OF TWO BRAINS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuMZ73mT5zM

MARK GUNGOR: ASK MORE THAN ONCE (this one for the ladies):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBKIQ__q7Q

MARK GUNGOR: HOW TO MAKE YOUR MAN DO WHAT YOU WANT HIM TO DO

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=529047602018157967

More Info:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=%22Mark+Gungor%22&aq=f

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Mark+Gungor%22&btnG=Search

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit