ANYONE IN SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH JW

by Serena 36 Replies latest social relationships

• Christina77
    Christina77

Well I did for a year and a half, up until I found out his beliefs. That was back in August, and it has been a big struggle ever since. He is famous for telling me how my beliefs are wrong and still hasn't introduced me to his parents. Currently I am his "dirty little secret" and will be until they know about me. The last week has been the worst, and we almost broke up the other day. His ultimate goal is for me to convert, which I refuse to. And then wanted to jump into bed... I would never convert to a religion that he can't keep it in his pants and tells me that I am wrong. It really seems to be a losing battle, to be in a successful relationship where both views are respected, and that is what it comes down to... does he respect YOU!!!

Christina

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

CHRIS,

WHy no go over to His parents house and introduce yourself? Kinda force the issue. Is the sex that good? Holy COW!. I still say lose they guy, but that's just me.

First recommendation, force the issue with the guy
    Second Recommendation, don't take your panties off until ya have a ring on, that's just the Catholic in me coming out.
    Thrid, LOSS THE GUY, I don't think he's good for you.

Serena,
    I know of no HAPPY relationship with an active Witness and a nonWitness. Either one will convert or the relationship will end.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Christina77
    Christina77

Mike -

I will forward the e-mail that I sent to him of how I was fed up that led to my week of hell. I don't want distract anymore from what Serena is looking for. I don't want my problems to take over this post. ok

Christina

• ThatOneGuy
    ThatOneGuy

-Serena

I am accually in a current Successful relationship with a jw. Although i'v been to hell and back with her. It's been a crazy year with her but somehow we made. I go to her church now to see her until she turns 18 and then we can move out together. All i can say is if the JW is a Solid beleive in the religion I don't beleive theirs a chance in getting to them :(

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

ThatOneGuy,

Is your girlfriend still active in the religion?
    Also, are you attending it with her?
    How can you be sure that she is gonna get out of it?

Please reply.

Ajax

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and the best things never die." - The Shawshank Redemption

• Serena
    Serena

I signed up for a free bible study, 2 witnesses are coming over to my house wednesday morning to do whatever they do. Charlie said something one night that really cut to the bone, "I couldn't live with myself if what we've been doing ruins your chance of ever learning the truth..." Ofcourse this was said AFTER, when he starts having his guilt trips...The religious factor is the only thing really keeping us apart, what does it hurt to look into it.

• butalbee
    butalbee

While I was studying this crap, I became more depressed than ever in my life, so depressed that I didn't even want to get out of bed in the morning. I became involved in it to ease the tension between his family thinking I was the devil, actually I was pressured into learning about it by his wacko brother and witchy sister in law. He still wants to be with me, and still loves me, but that's no longer the problem...I can't be with a man who actually believes in these principles with his HEART. Sorry, sisters and brothers, but I think your religion is brainwashing too many innocent and naive people who are weak enough to fall for it. When I'd go to the hall with him and his family, everyone looks happy but if you really look hard you can see it's just an act,something is missing in their lifes--I think it called hope. What kind of religion eagerly awaits the end of the world? I mean the end of the world is very near. Death and destruction all they have to look forward to. I still will not talk negatively about his faith to him--it's what's been imbued inside his head, it's all he knows as the truth. I would love to get him out of it, but that is an impossible dream--if he left, he would be shunned and he'd loose his family. But if I don't convert he'd get disfellowed anyway--if we stay together. Right now I don't really think I want to be with him anymore, maybe it's just me, but it's how I feel. And he is my best friend who I haven't talked to in over a week, it's killing me, but I have to do it. If two people are meant to be, no amount of space or time will change that. I guess I am putting my faith in fate.

• larc
    larc

Serena,

I think it depends on how much you like your present life style and how much of it you are willing to sacrifice. Are you willing to give up all of the following: Christmas, New Years, St. Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Holoween for your kids, and birthdays. When you have children are willing to teach them that they can not: play sports, join a club, have friends outside their religion, get a blood transfusion, or go to college. If you are willing to give all this up and more, then go for it.

• cat1759
    cat1759

If what we have been doing ruins your chances to get into the JWS? LOL>>>
    This was to funny. I never understood why men at the hall would get all riled up after a good knecking session. Why would it ruin anything? There is nothing at the hall to begin with. Not even cute guys. Take that back...you have to go kingdom hall jumping, but if you jump long enough you will find the diamond in the rough. Just hope he hasnt been a witness all his life.
    I am heartless..dont forget bitch.
    simplemind here

• indireneed
    indireneed

An interesting question, and one I've thought of a lot lately . . .

My wife became a JW after we married, probably because of a lot of stressful things in our lives that have since been worked out, but she's become 100% JW.

Are there problems in our marriage? Definitely. Some days I wish I could just leave and get on with a normal life. But other days are good. Can we talk about everything? Yes, but we often have fights when I don't agree with her black and white view of the world. Just the other day she tried to explain to me how I worship Christmas . . . I then got pissed and told her we could never have children because she wouldn't allow them to understand my views . . . You can imagine the rest.

Anyway, to tell the truth, I don't know how things will work out. I figure she'll decide whether she wants marriage or JWness. I'll give her some time, and I figure that my belief in marriage (nothing to do with religion) means that much.

Things aren't easy, but they can work. I offer her support, and she gives me some support. Sometimes it's one-sided, but she is brainwashed now. I hope she realizes, but if she doesn't there is no long term future, I'm afraid. Why would she want to be with me, anyway? I can never be a good husband!

The end of the matter? One can have a good marriage and relationship, but it takes extra work and some tough decisions. I love my wife, but I hate her religion. Anyway, these things do end, and decisions have to be made. She waits for me to see the Truth, and I wait for her to see the Untruth. Someday, we'll either give up or one of us will turn (and I can promise you - it won't be me).

I feel great now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit