Is Raffling Conscience or Disfellowshipping matter?

by asilentone 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
  • TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

They will view it as a form of gambling. I don't think that a person

would be DF'd however it may result in a trip to the library woodshed

depending on your status and ranking at the KH.

Toobad Toosad

• asilentone
    asilentone

If I win a car by raffling, does it raise the possibility of disfellowshipping?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It depends on whether it's a 4 door, (LOL)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

SilentOne....

Please investigate if this raffle is reputable, licensed, and read the fine print. You may have to pay taxes, delivery charges, etc.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is the possibility of disfellowshipping through raffles etc, though if it is a one off it is simple to prove "repentance"

Awake! 1994 August 8 p.15 Is Gambling for Christians? "What if a person is offered a free lottery ticket or free money to use for gambling? In either case, accepting such an offer would still be supporting a gambling operation—an operation out of harmony with godly principles."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My mother has been playing the California Lotto every since it started in 1984. I thought maybe she had stopped since she and Dad were getting so strong in the "truth" but the last time I was at her house a few days ago I found her number slip on the kitchen counter.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's more of a tax on people who can't do maths.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A raffle works by having you buy chances to win a prize. You might pay $1 per chance, which is represented by the ticket. Then, one ticket is drawn. Whoever has that ticket (chance), wins the prize. Hence, it is classified as a form of gambling.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Its considered gambling. Also, depending on your congregation entering free sweepstakes is also considered gambling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit