The IRS took my money. :(

by Elsewhere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73
    So if you work your buns off all day, but unfortunately only make 7 bucks an hour, you are a "freeloader" if you get a credit? Do you actually understand what makes the economy go 'round?

I made 7 bucks an hour at one time. I didn't like it so I made changes.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    like the EITC folks who have a job, maybe you too can get the government to pay you for being responsible, kinda' like receiving a "refund" from income taxes you never paid. :-)

I'm afraid that won't work, I make too much money.

• marjoe
    marjoe
    So if you work your buns off all day, but unfortunately only make 7 bucks an hour, you are a "freeloader" if you get a credit? Do you actually understand what makes the economy go 'round?

"unfortunately" why? Because they haven't developed a skill set worth more than $7 per hour? Or had multiple children whilst unable to support them? That is the taxpayers' fault?

Where is the "unfortunate" piece, other than for those of us who have to actually pay income taxes?

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I didn't like it so I made changes.

You're lucky you could Padre. Some can't. But if that isn't enough reason, how about the fact that consumer spending is 70% of our economy? So that "credit" given to the poor, actually ends up keeping the economy going. Maybe ending up in your pocket??

• marjoe
    marjoe
    I made 7 bucks an hour at one time. I didn't like it so I made changes.

You are an excellent example of what MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people have done throughout our country's history.

I appreciate and applaud your effort.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Geez, someone accused me of being a trust fund baby the other day. Is that you Marjoe?

• Priest73
    Priest73
    You are an excellent example of what MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people have done throughout our country's history.
    I appreciate and applaud your effort.

And now you want to STEAL my money and give it to the poor. Hooray for you.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Geez, someone accused me of being a trust fund baby the other day. Is that you Marjoe?

Careful Marjoe... Beks has her 'visitor'

• marjoe
    marjoe
    But if that isn't enough reason, how about the fact that consumer spending is 70% of our economy?

Yes that is a worthy economy, print money, "refund" it to those who pay no taxes yet consume government services, so they can in turn "consume" stuff they didn't really "earn."

Perhaps a fairer solution would be centerally-run and -planned communes commrade?

Besides the EITC folks probably make up a smaller proportion of the 70% you cite than they do the population of that 70%. In other words, the higher end of the scale is smaller numerically but, no doubt, over represented in the 70%.

So we don't need EITC to keep the small part of the 70% happening. We'll have a great deal of the 70% from non-EITC people. That consumer spending is a large component of the economy does not mean we must give folks EITC so they can consume.

Anyway, nice try. Good night.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Marjoe, I've been thinking. Isn't the interest deduction for our mortgage akin to the earned income credit? I mean the gov is paying us to buy a house, or be a poor worker. So one is a credit for those who are well off enough to have a mortgage, the other is a credit for those who are not. We don't pay that interest to the gov, we pay it to the bank. So who is actually getting that credit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit