The IRS took my money. :(

by Elsewhere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Gallup: 61% of Americans saying they regard the income taxes they have to pay this year as fair.

I just looked at your survey. Here is the historical chart.

The major shift towards peceiving the level of taxation as "fair" began in 2001--the year of the tax cuts.

BTS

• marjoe
    marjoe
    Gallup: 61% of Americans saying they regard the income taxes they have to pay this year as fair.

Is this 61% of all Americans or 61% of those who actually pay income taxes. Are the freeloading Earned Income folks in the 61% also?

Depending on the sample, it's not surprising. I wonder how it corelates to what, if any, amount of income tax they pay.

I am fortunate to pay lots of income taxes but 61% of the people I know who do pay lots of income tax are not thinking their amount is "fair."

• beksbks
  • Priest73
    Priest73
    Amazingly assholish. Do you actually know anyone who gets the EIC? Do you realize that it's for people who WORK?

I call bull shit on that one baby.

• marjoe
    marjoe
    Amazingly assholish. Do you actually know anyone who gets the EIC? Do you realize that it's for people who WORK?

They may work ("Earned Income") but do they pay income taxes? no. they receive welfare from the IRS for working.

Please don't call names. It hurts my feelings

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yes I was rude, and I rescinded my comment.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Gotta be faster pussycat!!! I'm not only quick in the sack, I'm also quick on interweb forums!

• beksbks
    beksbks

So if you work your buns off all day, but unfortunately only make 7 bucks an hour, you are a "freeloader" if you get a credit? Do you actually understand what makes the economy go 'round?

• beksbks
    beksbks

bang bang

Oops, sorry, it's kill kill

• marjoe
    marjoe

Not a problem, I've been rude before myself. Hey, since you're being responsible, like the EITC folks who have a job, maybe you too can get the government to pay you for being responsible, kinda' like receiving a "refund" from income taxes you never paid. :-)

My sister receives EITC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit