The IRS took my money. :(

by Elsewhere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This year I owed money to the IRS. (The result of cashing in some investments so I could put a down-payment on my first house... I owed taxes on the "income")

I mailed off the check the other day and today I looked at my bank account online. There it was. -$$$$.

It really stings to see money go away like that. Before I found out that I owed taxes this year I was planning on building a raised garden in my back yard. I'm going to have to put that on hold until I can afford it later.

• Colton
    Colton

Give Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Be glad your investments were still worth something!

Blithe

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I feel ya Else. We had to pay $400 this year. First time we've paid in years (late 90's).

Sucks big time. You see them take so much of your check all year and then you still owe more.

Chris

• Phee
    Phee

I had a return of $1807.00 this year!!!! But....I still owe $1873.02 from the previous year! So....sadly....I won't get anything back and still owe $67.02. *ugh*

But it'll finally be paid off! ~whew~ $250.00 per month was killing us!

We did the same thing...took money out of our 401k to make a few bills and pay for our wedding...*stupid*....but it had to be done.

-Phee

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

HP bought my EDS stock for 25$ a share last year. I was able to file that as a capital loss, and that helped with my refund.

• BurnTheShips
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    HP bought my EDS stock for 25$ a share last year. I was able to file that as a capital loss, and that helped with my refund.

Heh. I if I told you what I got back....

BTS

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I owe alot too. Investments sold. It's double taxation.

I already was taxed on my paycheck. I took a little from the paycheck and put it into some stock. I sold the stock to get through a rainy day, and the IRS comes at me wanting its "second" share of my stock's increase in value. This is why we should have a fair tax. Savings and investments should not be taxed. It's double taxation.

Skeeter

• Priest73
    Priest73

IRS clipped me for damn near 3k this year. It sucks to write one big check to uncle sam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit