Have you joined a new religious organisation since leaving the JW's?

by Wee John 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wee John
    Wee John

Since leaving the JW's did you actively seek out another organisation, or did it find you?

Have you found yourself apathetic to all religions?

• RR
    RR

Hey wee,

Yes and no. I'm still a Christian, and meet with a Bible study group. The original Bible Students from the days of Pastor Russell and the IBSA. There is no central headquarters, so no one to dictate to us to obey "mother." Just an international loosely associated group ofr people who have the same goals in serving God.

Some will say I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire, and while we're not perfect, we try. I should note that Ileft the Witnesses for the Bible Students, so I wasn't kicked out and found myself searching!

http://www.biblestudentministries.com

RR

• Wee John
    Wee John

Hi RR...sounds interesting and look forward to researching your link

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

We go to a local, independent, non-denominational church. We're not part of any organisation, though.

• sspo
    sspo

If there is a god upthere i'm waiting for instructions from him. Forget the bible and all the other " holy books".

If he's our loving father and wants us love and obey him........let him speak up....... ready to listen.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ditto sspo.

(So far, the silence is deafening.)

• Gordy
    Gordy

No, became a Christian and attend a Pentecostal church.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ sspo - what if God is speaking to you through those Holy Books?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I've been doing a great deal of my own research. Mainly, I'm looking into the Bible itself and what history has to say about it. I just finished reading "Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (And Why We Don't Know About Them)" by Bart D. Ehrman. Amazing amazing read. I loved it. It really showed me the historical perspective on the Bible, specifically the New Testament. It has helped immensely with deciding which direction I'm going to go in.

I'm with sspo on this one. If there is a god, I'm waiting for proof of it and waiting for his/her/its instructions. I do not believe the Bible is "God's Word". I don't believe it was inspired. There are too many discrepencies, too many books that disagree with each other, and too many of the books are forgeries. If it were truly the word of god, you'd think he'd take better care to make sure it was harmonious and not authored by liars *shrug*. I believe it DOES inspire those who read it to live moral and decent lives, but I don't believe it has to be followed to the letter in order for a person to be happy.

I will not join another religion, for the simple fact that I feel it is unnecessary. I believe we're here for a short time with nothing else afterward, and I don't want to waste my short lifespan chasing the impossible.

• aniron
    aniron

If he's our loving father and wants us love and obey him........let him speak up....... ready to listen.

Would you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit