Have you joined a new religious organisation since leaving the JW's?

by Wee John 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I've joined the ANTI-AVISHAI CULT. no teasing, ever!

actually, that is his style, but he has to be stopped.

R

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

BEWARE!

GRACE is a Watchtower plant. Notice how kind and un-assuming she is. 85 my ass! Probaly 45 at best.

Don't be fooled.

R

• mouthy
    mouthy

BEWARE!

GRACE is a Watchtower plant. Notice how kind and un-assuming she is. 85 my ass! Probaly 45 at best.

Don't be fooled.

R

ROTFL!!!!!! OH ! AM EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!I NEEDED THIS first thing in the AM ...You my lad need to go to
    your room. I am not 85
    bloody nerve) I am 82 next month.

Today I am going to see 5 other Apostates.....I will talk about you Randy my lad...( all bad

• thomas15
    thomas15

I shouldn't be posting here since this is for ex-JWs. Freedom of religion is the hallmark of western civilization. One of the true crimes of the WT as I see it is the fact that they convince their members that the Bible is God's true word (which I agree with) but that only they know it's meaning. This of course is not true. So it contaminates ex-JWs against the book when they finally open their eyes and leave the org.

Anyway, Over the years I have been involved with several different church groups, to name a few-Baptist, Wesleyan, Lutheran, Calvary Chapel, Evangelical Free, Presbyterian and a few independant Bible churches. None of those groups ever said or published or distributed materials that stated that they are the only true church or that you must be a member of their demomination to properly serve God. Rather, all of them teach that you are saved by God's grace through faith in the risen son of God.

I have been an evangelical for almost 35 years. I attend church every week, I play in the church praise band and do a few other things but I'm not a member. There is a limit to what I can do at my church, such as vote, but last Sunday (Easter), I delivered a 15 minute "mini-sermon" at the sunrise service. Please note friends that this church is what I would consider very conservative almost fundamental. They take the Bible seriously and preach "Christ Crucified". People treat me like family and I'm not under pressure to join. We moved to our current location in 2004, it took a few years of trial and error to settle on the church we now attend. We have been going there for exactly 1 year now.

So my point is this, Religion is man's attempt to have a relationship with God. On the other hand God's plan is salvation by grace through faith. You cannot work for God's favor, he gives it to you for free, all you have to do is ask for it. A relationship with God through Jesus should be "pure joy", if it is not than you don't (sorry to say) have a relationship.

End of sermon...

By the way, I'm amazed that anyone who has been through the WT wringer would even consider God or the Bible. I have said it before and I will repeat it again, you all are awsome people, I really mean it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp I want that Rascal Randy to see this

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

No.

Dave

• mouthy
    mouthy

See Randy is afraid to show his face HA! HA!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit