What Were Your Consequences For Leaving The "Truth"???

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Hey Mini you have a pm. Kit

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Since leaving I've lost a few friends. But I distanced myself from them when I got married. I knew they would try to convince me that my husband was one of satan's agents. Once I learned the truth about "the truth", I left the hall for good. Thank goodness my family is not in the Borg, except for a couple relatives.

• Nowman
    Nowman

The greatest consequence was losing my parents. Since 92, I have not seen my dad. My mom from 92 until 2000, we reunited, but our relationship has never been good since we did get together. Currently, I do not speak to her, not with a grudge. But the org and what she has gone through has pushed her over the edge of reason, and she holds herself accountable for nothing, its everyone else's fault...I feel a dark cloud around me when I am around her (2x times since 2003 I have seen her) or when I have talked to her on the phone. I feel all she cares about is herself.

That indeed is the biggest consequece for me, above. I would still make the same decision I did in 1992 even if I knew my parents relationship would be severed.

Nikki

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting! Even though we know what the consequences are, we still would leave. You have to be true to yourself.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Well, so far I'm living happily ever after. They were wrong about bad consequences. I have never been happier or more at peace.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Its all been good for me too. All I ever wanted was to be independant and have the freedom to live my like the way I want which is what I have. Its funny, cause I think when I ever I do go back to the hall on I imagine all the ones there are staring down at my belly wondering if I'm pregnant yet cause thats what they expect. That I've run wild and am doing drugs and drinking every night.

• minimus
    minimus

Hi StillA.

• mouthuy
    mouthuy

in the organization. Which hurts my heart on days,,,, As I love them so much
    What have I gained??? People who truly love me UNconditionally Even though
    they dont agree with me in everything. Who lets me be ME!!!! A Mouthy,Old woman.to you all

Mouthy

• minimus
    minimus

MouthUy?

• mouthuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit