What Were Your Consequences For Leaving The "Truth"???

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

It's been all good, like leaving an abusive parent/husband. I wish I had done it sooner.

• minimus
    minimus

The vast majority of people have no idea what a JW on his way out will have to deal with. That's why some can't leave, they'd go nuts.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've become a demonized celebrator of birthdays, eater of chocolate bunnies, and erector of Christmas trees. I lost a wife too.

Wait a minute! These are all good things!

W

• Homerovah the Almighty
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s not the outside world that makes you suffer,or trys to ruin your life when you leave the WBT$.....It`s the WTB$ and thier Brain Dead Cult,the Jehovah`s Witness`s that try to punish you for leaving.....The outside world is a paradise,compared to the Shit Hole the WBT$ provides..........................................OUTLAW

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

It can be rough. We've lost many friends, but made many more. We've lost family members and we know that our JW family are listening to - and at times spreading - lies about us.

But it's worth it.

• wobble
    wobble

I am HAPPY now,though witlesses would not believe that possible,I am at peace with God,Jesus is my Lord and friend,and I have only lost what was not worth keeping,I view what Ihave left as "a lot of refuse"

My only regret is that i did not wake up earlier.

Love

Wobble

• ninja
    ninja

hardly any.....signed .....the teflon apostate

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

I agree with the posters who say they regret not leaving sooner. It was not easy since I also lost virtually all of my "friends" and most of my family, although my kids eventually left themselves and we are all friends now. It was scary at first because I was very naive about the real world and did not have an education, but I made a couple of good new friends, (one of whom I later married) who encouraged me and helped me out. Looking back I have no regrets and believe that the difficulties helped me to grow up. I am much happier and better balanced now than I ever was as a JW.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

• Abandoned by abusive elder husband
    • gained full custody of two daughters
    • met love of my life 3 years ago
    • have great sex
    • no longer addicted to pain killers
    • no longer drink
    • travel lots
    • have more money
    • have more time
    • gained back relationship with apostate siblings