• minimus
    minimus

I'm talking of sea pirates.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Make them walk the plank.

• minimus
    minimus

Something HAS to be done to curtail their activity!

• jstalin
    jstalin

I don't understand why those crews aren't armed. They should be trained and have M16s.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

jstalin,

The way I understand it....

Those crews don't have weapons because of the rules/laws at the ports they enter.

It doesn't make any sense to me, either.

-LWT

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The crew should be armed.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Don't be discouraged, minimus. FSM will have his Day of Reckoning soon, when all apostafarians bringing reproach to His Name will be dealt with.

• minimus
    minimus

The Somalians aren't that backward after all.

• sir82
    sir82
    I don't understand why those crews aren't armed. They should be trained and have M16s.

I've thought of that...but might that not lead to an "arms race"?

Crew gets M16s...pirates get 50 caliber machine guns....crew gets RPGs....pirates get artillery....

Is it better to have open fights between heavily armed ships in the high seas, or try to keep a lid on things as they are now? I don't know.

As things currently are, few people have died in these pirate attacks. Once fighting starts, it gets a lot deadlier a lot quicker.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Min,

Around 200 years ago, the US sent war ships to the Barbery coast area and sunk pirate ships. The pirates got the message, and thereafter American vessels were left alone for 200 years ... except for a period just before and during WWII when German U-boats sank American merchant marine supply ships and then that nasty little seizing of the US Navy Ship, Pueblo by North Korea.

In all cases, when America reacts with calm and tries to talk ... these rascals take advantage ... and push to the limit. When America takes strong and swift military action, the bad guys tend to leave her alone. The Obama administration is being tested to see if it has a spine, or simply wants to talk, and talk, and talk. Time will tell.

Do we see a pattern here? What do you think Minimus?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit