How Should We Deal With "Pirates"?

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

lol contry girl - simple measures but thats gonna cost a lot of money. Maybe oneday we'll have a film - but pirates make better heroes

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Nice.

If you have a family member hijacked on a ship by pirates, you'd be just be happy negotating with the pirates? These Americans spent several days negotiating and it wasn't getting anywhere. When it appeared that they were going to execute a "CAPTAIN" who gave himself for his crew, then the command was issued to shoot on sight.

We, as Americans, are not in this life to negotiate with hijackers. I don't give a damn what you English or Europeans think, we are NOT going to be victims of extortion. We care about OUR citizens, for the most part. We will do our utmost to rescue them from harm. Three cheers to the Navy Sea sharpshooters.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thats what I meant - a bleeding heart one sided story and Americans sure can tell them

• Amazing
    Amazing

Caameo-d:

I am not sure if you are quoting someone, or if you are stating your views. But, here is the problem with some of the stated views.

Nuclear waste does not cause malformed babies.

Radiation buried at sea cannot harm people on land. Water is the best shield.

It is too costly to bury waste at sea today, but it was done at one time. But, 'European' nations would have found it much quicker and cheaper, and safer to dump waste out in the Atlantic, as it is deeper thanthe Indian ocean.

And if the alleged 'waste' was able to cause sickness, it would have harmed far more than 300 people.

Nuclear waste is not going to magically wash up on shore due to a tsunami. Solid uranium is heavier than lead. Light waste is not toxic. But then that is why light waste is buried on land, and heavy waste is reprocessed in most contries, except the United States, which stores it on each nuclear site.

This whole line about nuclear waste is full of red flags, and likely someone's political or journalistic wet dream to make themselves popular.

• beksbks
    beksbks

What exactly does this have to do with "the west"? This country has been in turmoil for years, (more since the US and USSR stopped using them and the Ethiopians as pawns). These pirates are often ex fishermen who have figured out that piracy is a lot more lucrative than fishing. But they target any ship that travels those waters, not just western ships. This is an international problem, and there are international groups addressing it. Poverty + weak governments and competing power grabs result in all kinds of hell in the world.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

PIRATE KING.
    When I sally forth to seek my prey
    I help myself in a royal way.
    I sink a few more ships, it's true,
    Than a well-bred monarch ought to do;
    But many a king on a first-class throne,
    If he wants to call his crown his own,
    Must manage somehow to get through
    More dirty work than ever I do

• marjoe
    marjoe
    This whole line about nuclear waste is full of red flags, and likely someone's political or journalistic wet dream to make themselves popular.

Amazingly accurate. Bewarde the spinners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit