Jesus not crucified on torture stake. Impossible!

by sacolton 250 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Reniaa:

"So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, he lived.

John 3:14
    Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,"

Reniaa,

the subject is about a STAKE, not a SNAKE.

Reniaa: "oops dp"

• reniaa
    reniaa

lol sorry the emphasis on snake was unintentional it came up on my search lol my point was Jesus saying he would be lifted up in like manner. moses lifted up the snake on a POLE not a cross.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa........All secular evidence doesn't change that crux simplex = 'simple stake' was a form of roman crucifiction/impalement at the time of Jesus's death ..Why would Pagan Roman Soldiers,Nail Jesus to a Pagan Symbol??..Because they were Frigg`n Pagan`s!!..LOL!!................Of coarse the Pagan Roman Soldiers nailed Jesus to a Stake,because they didn`t want to offend the WBT$ over 2,00 year later!!..LOL!! ............... ..................andcould ..Could?..Coluld..Could????..LOL!! ........................involve a small seat like piece of wood..The Romans built seats on stakes,so the people they nailed them to would be comfortable?..LOL!!.. Reniaa..Do you know why the Roman soldiers broke the legs of the people they nailed to the cross`s?..They did it so the person nailed to the cross WOULD DIE FASTER!! .......................that could be used to take the pressure of his lungs which mean't piecing the victims side would then be needed to cause death..So you would have us believe:"The Roman soldier`s built a "seat" on torture stakes so the victim would not die so fast..Then Break his legs and pierce his side so he would die fast ."..?????????????????????????????????.............................THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER EDUCATIONAL MOMENT WITH RENIAA!!.. Crazy 1 .......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Colton
    Colton

Reniaa, would you instantly change your mind if the GB believed Jesus was crucified on a cross? Do you even know when the change from cross to torture stake began in the organization ... and why?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus died on a Torture Snake Snake..Moses had it shipped to the Romans by FDS................It`s in the Bible.. Bible 1........Reniaa says so.......................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

I would believe it if you could show me an original transcript with the word cross in it but you can't they all use the unglamourous word stauros aka stake until the third century writers changed it to cross even crux in original meaning is latin for stake only.

The burden of proof is on christendom to prove that Jesus died on a cross to justify replacing a biblical inspired word that made no indication of shape to 'cross' which make a definite allusion to the shape of his death instrument. to be honest none of this would matter accept for three points.

The inspired words of 4 gospel writers use a word that makes no indication of shape and if they simply didn't have a word for it, if the shape was important? God would have inspired a further description from at least one of the writers under inspiration elaborating on it IF IT WAS IMPORTANT.

Using torture/execution stake has the authenticity of being a direct translation of the original inspired words!

thirdly the cross is an idol! the foremost one of Christendom, idolatry is a major sin and here the wrong wording from third century was at least in part responsible for this although it is arguable that the wording was change to allow for the idol either way it is wrong.

and despite my wrong emphasis on the word snake lol my previous point stands when Jesus foretells his death he uses an example indicating a stake-like death not a cross one.

• Colton
    Colton

OUTLAW, was the seat attached? It was a special order item.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Colton..I have no Idea..It`s Reniaa`s hallucination.. Hammer Head.................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Actually I once debated this point thoroughly with leolaia but have since done more thorough research and the crucifications/impalements were all different from case to case.

Great to see that you finally agree with me on this point.

For that was precisely what I was trying to explain to you, that the shape and arrangement could be whatever the executioner wanted and therefore the shape of the instrument was not part of the (denotative) meaning of the word stauros; the term rather referred to the instrument's function.

• reniaa
    reniaa

lol outlaw I just do my research on crucification/impalement methods and means sometimes a piece of wood for feet was also used as support in some cases it very much depending at the complete descretion of the roman in charge as to what of the many many methods were used.

But you are see haven't changed Outlaw I see you still find mocking the person easier than have any depth of debate :S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit