Special Bible talk entitled: “IS THERE A TRUE RELIGION FROM GOD’S STANDPOINT?” - Coming to a Kingdom Hall near you on Sunday, April 26, 2009

by LUKEWARM 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Boy, that title sure is catchy.

I'll second that yawn.

om

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's absurd what they call "special". Yeah, and here's your special bus to ride to the special talk. Remember to wear you special shoes and special diaper.

B the X

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

agreed - the title is somewhat tautologous - perhaps had to get signed off by a committee :-)

• wobble
    wobble

Of course the correct answer to the title is NO!

love

Wobble

• The Missus
    The Missus

well, thanks for ruining it for us wobble!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Same crap, different special talk.

Isaac

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

Grazie, thank very mcuh Tired of the Hypocrisy,

so see if speaker say that as write hehehe

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now I won't actually have to visit my local Kingdumb Hell to find out what the talk is going to be. I can find so many holes in that argument that it isn't even worth it--first, all too many witlesses are also born into it and accept it blindly. Also, the witlesses do not abhor pedophilia, and they abuse children. They worship the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger--not even the Bible! And they do not abide by anything except giving everything to the Washtowel Slaveholdery.

True worship is not supposed to take all of one's time or prevent a person from experimenting with one's life. Jehovah's Witlesses do take most or all your time--just try going to "only" one boasting session a week or doing one hour of field circus a month, and see how long it takes before Brother Hounder comes looking for you. And, they do prevent anyone from entertainment, they tie people to crap marriage partners (often crappy because the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger dictates how they are to respond or drains them of time and energy). Also, true religion is not supposed to be expensive--again, try stinting on putting money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

True religion is also supposed to bring one closer to the truth in scientific matters, too. The witlesses are instructed to stay away from college and any other sources of scientific dispute, however. They are given crap explanations that do not stand up to basic physics or math, and expected to accept them because they come from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Effectively, they are being dragged away from the truth--exactly the opposite of what one would expect from the true religion!

As I see it, true science (not to be confused with scientology) is the closest to the true religion.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Just had a thought about the title of this talk. How presumptuous of them to presume to answer from God's standpoint given the false prophesying, false interpretation of prophesy, and the flip-flopping of doctrine presented as "the truth"!

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

The boasting session about how they fulfil the role of "true religion" is on tomorrow...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit