Special Bible talk entitled: “IS THERE A TRUE RELIGION FROM GOD’S STANDPOINT?” - Coming to a Kingdom Hall near you on Sunday, April 26, 2009

by LUKEWARM 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Lukewarm,

I already know I like your version of the "Special Talk" a lot more than what Br. Dipstick will be presenting tomorrow morning at the Kingdumb Hell.

B the X

• steve2
    steve2

Jehovah's witnesses have gone further than most religions in categorically stating that "all other religions are false". I only request I make of Jehovah's witnesses take the matter just one little step further: Remove the word "other" from that statement to make it correct: "All religions are false".

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Hahaaaaaaaa Billy! You need to request that I be your guest speaker next time but you never know - perhaps the speaker will be a liberal who does not follow the outline completely, who's conscience wont allow him to "make the scriptures fit" the biased Brooklyn viewpoint...

Oh if the theme was "What does God require of us" or "What worship the Bible approves of" it would be more palatable considering Jesus didn't come to teach us to follow any "Religion"

• chickpea
    chickpea

when god shows up to answer that query herself...

i might give 2 craps in a handbag.... or not

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Apparently God's standpoint is - 'Guess, mofo!'

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

John 5 v 30,

I cannot do a SINGLE thing of my own initiative, just as I hear I judge, and the judgement that I render is righteous, because I seek not my own will but the will of he that sent me.

On this scripture alone they fail.

KT

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

***w81 12/1 p.27
    But Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave," made up of spirit-anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do

Doesn't a lot of the meaning of this change with the June watchtower that greatly diminishes the role of the annointed??

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here are all the scriptures which mention religion

θρησκε?? (threskeia) − 3 Occurrences

θρησκε?ας (threskeias) − 1 Occurrence

Looks like religion is not very important!

Unlike faith

π?στει (pistei) − 58 Occurrences

π?στεως (pisteos) − 94 Occurrences

π?στιν (pistin) − 55 Occurrences

π?στις (pistis) − 36 Occurrences

The WT talk about religion a lot of the time i.e. following rules, unlike the bible which talk about faith in Jesus.

Galatians 2:16 (New International Version)

16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Acts 3:16 (New International Version)

16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit