why report more partakers?

by rebel8 26 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

why report more partakers?

That's a good question. I'm sure the gb will soon find some obscure scripture to twist that will justify their counting even the "unworthy" partakers. It will probably by under the guise of "the end is really, really , really close."

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    I know for a fact that the GB does not care for the increase in people partaking. The mere fact they still report it I can't see as something critical about them when it's not something they really want. It's rather embarrassing to them, because I think most JW's think a lot of people who are now partaking are just mentally unbalanced. I know a few and they simply have mental issues and never partook until old age. That just doesn't add up no matter how you look at it.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Still doesn't make sense.

Why did they start reporting it? To prove Thee End is approaching. We used to get so excited to see the numbers go down every year!

Why keep reporting, when the numbers show we are moving further away from Thee End instead of coming closer?

• TheListener
    TheListener

I think the witnesses have always had a more than average share of crazies. So why are so many people partaking the last few years? Why the increase? You'd think that the elders would kindly talk to some of the partakers and explain things to them and the number would go back down.

Each year the GB are probably praying that this will be the year of a decrease in partakers. I'd love to see a huge partaker increase. That would really freak the dubs out.

• steve2
    steve2
    Like a lot of JW things, it's done because it has "always" been done. We ought not assume there is any logical thought behind what they do or we risk crediting them more cognitive prowess than they possess.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

It may now have become a control and/or persecution tactic.

Now that the # of partakers are actually increasing anyone who questions this is either a 'weak Witness' who needs shepherding or an apostate and is persecuting them.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Why did they start reporting it? To prove Thee End is approaching. We used to get so excited to see the numbers go down every year!

Why keep reporting, when the numbers show we are moving further away from Thee End instead of coming closer?

It used to be that the number of FDS still alive was important, signalling the nearness of the end. Personally, I'm not sure that I have much confidence in the numbers they reported during some of those years where they reported the decreases and I wonder if the current number of partakers is higher than they report.

If anything, I think they report it because they don't know what else to do. To stop reporting it would need some more nulite explanation. Trying to justify the increase would require some nulite. So they seem to report the number, but ignore it. They publish articles trying to discourage partakers, but the number has continued to increase.

In conversation with my parents, it becomes difficult because they try to reason, "Lots of these are not genuinely anointed." But how do you gauge that? "The anointed would only be old and experienced." But the current GB is all younger than my parents, with Sanderson little older than I am (although he looks much, much older than I do.) How do you draw a line between who is or isn't really anointed? The whole thing about being anointed (and qualifying for the GB) is the ability to nibble and sip once per year with a sincere-looking expression on their faces.

• steve2
    steve2

If anything, I think they report it because they don't know what else to do. To stop reporting it would need some more nulite explanation. Trying to justify the increase would require some nulite. So they seem to report the number, but ignore it.

Well said Billy! To stop doing it now will only draw more than necessary attention to it.

And you're right: To the best of my knowledge they have never put anything in print that acknowledges the consecutive years of increase. Funny that - because any other time there is an "increase", they advertise, advertise, advertise it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In years gone by , in the 60`s /70`s those who were partakers , anointed were , decreasing year by year in accord with the belief that as the big " A" got closer , the partakers would be few .

The reality , that the numbers are actually increasing is nothing short of an embarassment to this organisation.

So what this highlights is the fact that "Witnesses" have failed miserably in instructing new converts and older ones in their "theology" , the core doctrines taught by the Governing Body.

smiddy

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I do remember when the dwindling number of partakers was supposed to be a sign that the end was near.

I would have to go back and look and see where are the lands where the biggest increases in anointed have come from? Is it across the board, or it is in land's where people are not that educated?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit