why report more partakers?

by rebel8 26 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

of all the threads here about the number of partakers increasing, i don't recall theories as to why they report this. they could stop reporting numbers altogether or lie. instead they say, in essence, "our teachings about end times and heavenly hope are still wrong".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Have you seen Steven Lett on JWTV?

Have you listened to Sam Herd on JWTV or at a convention?

Have you heard Tony "Tight Pants" Morris and his whacked out babblings?

They have no real leadership. No one is is steering the ship/chariot.

Everything is damage control.

Doc

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
  • TheListener
    TheListener

I think the leaders are 100% bought into the fact that they are Gods chosen ones so reporting the higher numbers doesn't bother them.

If you are 100% a believer then if the numbers are higher there is a godly reason and you must figure it out, not hide the numbers.

I don't know just my thoughts.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The majority , if not all of the G.B.members ,have shunned higher education , so don`t expect them think logically or intelligently about any decision/policy they adopt.

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    They just cant count either...after all 'addition' is taught by schools of higher education....
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I was told by a former higher up that the numbers all the number counting is and always has been a big deal to the Borg and because of this they report the numbers good or bad. I believe the numbers are manipulated but not so much by the ones tallying them up. This is why we have them making changes as to let say minister for only 15 minutes in a month that's ok and your still a publisher or talk to someone at their door for 5 minutes a couple of times great you have a bible study.

So the final numbers will always depict a true telling of the numbers but how they get to those numbers is another thing. It was mentioned a few years ago not to count partakers if they were not regular meeting attenders or publisher or obviously mentally unstable. I willing to bet in the future the elders will be instructed to really check the numbers of those who partake and make sure their in real good standing like must be and elder or pioneer before their counted, something like that.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Man if they stopped publishing numbers for the anointed of for peak publishers they would just get slammed big time on apostate Web sights. They are in to deep to back out now.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I agree, "damage control." They don't know what they are doing. The latest article on partaking shows this quite clearly.

Who says you are anointed? God does, through his Holy Spirit. How do you know? You just do. You "feel" that God is your Father. Also, it's private, between you and God, and no one should judge you.

Except the GB of course! They want "clear evidence" that you are "entitled" to partake! What evidence is that?!!? Obeying them, what else!??

Hey, wasn't there a parable about a slave who thought that they were above all the other slaves??? Then they beat them and played the boss while the Master was gone? I seem to remember reading that somewhere...

DD

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit