Any consequences for not attending the Memorial?

by sacolton 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

"In fact, she brought home a big box to pack all the WT books. "

It might be worth it to store them and sell them off later. I am keeping some of mine so I can use them to extinguish their new light before it blossoms into a full fledged lie/doctrine....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Any consequences for not attending the Memorial?

Well, I had the runs from eating too many Cheetos. Does that count?

W

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes, I feel a strong pain in my right calf muscle, maybe god is punishing me for not attending ?

No, wait a second that might be from my little nephew kicking me there a couple of days ago......never mind

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

To be on the safe side, I would hire a food taster and have someone start my car in the morning for the next couple weeks.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
  • Alfred
    Alfred

The consequence for not attending the memorial is DEATH...

Therefore, anyone deliberately staying away from this celebration, on March 29, does well to consider this question: If willful disregard of the ancient Passover was punishable by death, would not a more severe punishment be meted out to one who spurns the Lord’s Evening Meal, trampling on the provision represented by the bread and wine? Surely you will want to accept the invitation to be present for this celebration and, in faith, accept the provision of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Num. 9:13; Heb. 10:26-31. –Watchtower March 15, 1972 page 167

• finally awake
    finally awake

Well I guess I better prearrange my funeral then, because I will Not be attending this year's memorial

• Think About It
    Think About It

Therefore, anyone deliberately staying away from this celebration......does well to consider this question: If willful disregard of the ancient Passover was punishable by death, would not a more severe punishment be meted out to one who spurns the Lord’s Evening Meal, trampling on the provision represented by the bread and wine?

Thank goodness for the laws of the land that protect us X-JW's from the WTS. Imagine a land where theocratic zealots put you to death over such things.

Think About It

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

i would have no clue what to tell people about the last days (they are called that because they last, and last, and last!).

DOC

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

IF you believe the Borg line on exactly what the Memorial is, there is absolutely NO reason for any NON anointed to attend. It is entirely for the anointed and there is no mention of observers in the Bible.

It is yet another control mechanism from the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit