Any consequences for not attending the Memorial?

by sacolton 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

No nookie for you!!

This morning I asked my wife what she wanted for supper tonight and she said she wouldn't be home, going to the memorial you know. She asked if I was going, I said "Why in the hell would I do that?". She said, "My point exactly." WTF Where did that come from?

• oompa
    oompa

thanks watson....that is an original joke of mine that popped into my head during a talk....many dubs have cracked up over it including my elder/dad.....it really fits doesn't it?.......oomps

as in "you do know why it's called the last days doncha??....

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

This year will mark the first time I will not be going. We have not been invited, or even called by the elders. We haven't been hounded by the elders all this year, but I suspect in their smug mind that we will cave and at least come to the Memorial, even though we no longer attend the meetings.

I suspect a shepherding call will be in order afterwards, but I say bring it on.

I might even use that scripture that PasswordProtected pointed out.

• oompa
    oompa
    texas: I suspect a shepherding call will be in order afterwards, but I say bring it on.

LMAO!!....dont hold yer breath tex!.....you could prob ASK for one and it take six months if it ever even happens........oompa

• sacolton
    sacolton

This is the first year my inactive JW wife will not be attending the Memorial. I couldn't be happier. In fact, she brought home a big box to pack all the WT books. (tears of joy!) She has also mentioned submitting a letter of disassociation. She's finally free!!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

A+!! Sacolton

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If it is a DF'ing offence then i'm for the chop,coz for the first time in 59 years I aint goin'

Love

Wobble

• sspo
    sspo

Missed last year and no one called. So far no calls yet.

My daughter invited me over a month ago and told her i was not going, so far have not heard

from her and most likely will not hear from her in a long time.

She finally realized i'm an apostate

• Dagney
    Dagney

This makes my blood boil and at the same time, I am feeling so sad lately.

It's the nail in the coffin for JW's, the final act of rebellion, apostate to be sure...even "Christendom" respects this time of year even if they do it ALL WRONG and are going to be destroyed!!!

It is so unnatural to treat people (us) so cruelly. People you've been intimate with for years act like you no longer exist. Like I've said before, they imitate perfectly the cold and distant god they worship.

• sinis
    sinis

This makes my blood boil and at the same time, I am feeling so sad lately.

It's the nail in the coffin for JW's, the final act of rebellion, apostate to be sure...even "Christendom" respects this time of year even if they do it ALL WRONG and are going to be destroyed!!!

It is so unnatural to treat people (us) so cruelly. People you've been intimate with for years act like you no longer exist. Like I've said before, they imitate perfectly the cold and distant god they worship.

Why fret? Its all Xian bullshit anyways. Religion is a mental crutch - break free from the mysticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit