Long time lurker, 1st time poster

by Mattieu 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Well thank you for the warm and genuine welcome everyone. As I only am able to post twice within 24 hours as a newbie I need to use them wisely. I would love to respond to all of your welcomes personally, I am sure as I spend more time navigating the site and am taken of posting “restrictions:” I will post more about myself and get to know everyone better.

Just to respond to a few of you for now:

Cameo -d: I really do not know the motive in certain Elders monitoring this site, as with most of the elders I know, they are on power trips and information equals power. This elder I worked with used to get “brownie points” for passing on current topics of “apostate’s”. His reward is regular parts on the D/Assembly. I wouldn’t say they are misguided, just drunk on power trips.

JWFACTS!!! Yes we most likely have met and trust me, we both know a lot of the same people. I was hoping to get a welcome from you as your web sites have been invaluable to me. I was born in March 69 and reside in Melbourne (sports capital of the world).

Its funny, every time I used to see you guys wish each other happy birthday, I was tempted to register in March so as to get my over due share of well wishes! Needless to say, this year was the first time I commemorated it. Apologies for not remembering who it was that posted it, but someone earlier this year mentioned that they rang their Mom on their birthday to congratulate her for bringing them into the world. Well, that’s exactly what I did this March and I made my Mum (active witness) cry… though she is a very emotional woman anyway!

Black Sheep: I have followed your posts as well, if you ever make it to Melbourne, let me know.

Maryacclaim: Thanks for the advice, though I have no intention of either being DF’d or DA’ing myself. I have to many family stuck in and am enjoying the inactive/fading life and still keeping in touch with them socially.

AK-Jeff: About to head off now to my wine & cheese night. It’s funny you mentioned that, as I rang another inactive one in my congo yesterday and left a message for him to come over tonight for a wine & cheese night. He just rang back asking what time, oblivious to it being the memorial night!

No More Cool Aid: Wife is great, learning more each day. We are both in a happy place right now, her Mom has begun the fade, won’t be long for my Wife as well.

Thanks for listening everyone, heading home now from work then off to memorial, than you again for the welcome, will swap notes when I log in next time.

Cheers, Mattieu.

PS : Will be enjoying a nice Tyrell’s Chardonnay tonight, will toast to you all.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Welcome!!!

Coffee

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

welcome.

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome Mattieu...you subject line prompted me to start a new thread this morining about lurkers. I must have missed the WT article you mentioned which may have been a NOV 08 WT? I would like to know the WT and page if anyone has it. I usually catch stoopid reasoning like that, and since i have some gay friends and family...i really want to show them how they too have the holy spit.........thanks................oompa

edit....Mattieu...do be careful about how much personal info you post here....you have already narrowed yourself down considerably. Of course if you dont care about df....post all the personal info ya want........

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome Mattieu! Great to hear that Aussies are leaving. I bumped into a fellow fader during the week and she was able to tell me of several JWs from our old congregation who have left - including a former elder. It seems to be more "fader-friendly" here than other countries (like the US).

penny

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Welcome Mattieu!

Great read and you have done well to have wife and mother in law on the same wavelength. Tell us more about what worked in your case to get them to think and question matters....

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Lukewarm

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome Mattieu..

i enjoyed reading your story, "want to apologise, for being a self righteous spiritual pratt who did things by the book and sat with other Elders/MS’s and prejudged others " Yes we could all own up to that

I will take my wife to the Memorial tonight too...but mentally, my thoughts are here ..Glad to have you with us..

• rebel8
    rebel8

Reminds me of the scene when the Borg figured out they could be individuals/didn't have to do evil things and spread this knowledge slowly among the collective.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi and welcome!

Your account was riveting.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit