Long time lurker, 1st time poster

by Mattieu 31 Replies latest jw friends

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

welcome good to have another newbie ~ I just wish more of those who 'took the lead' would have had your humble attitude

• StAnn
    StAnn

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

StAnn

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Welcome. I'm looking forward to more of your posts.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Nice to meet you. I hope you and your family can make a clean break from the WT.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Thanks for the nice post, and welcome to JWN.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hello and welcome.

Interesting post. I would like to hear more about the reasons that elders, CO, and Bethelites monitor this board. Is it to pre-empt discussions for "damage control" among the r & f? Is it to search for defectors? Is it because they really have a desire to learn the truth about the truth?

If they monitor this board, then they would have to be well aware that the religious dictates they are enforcing are evil, deceptive, hurtful, and destructive.

They could not read this board and continue on if they had any conscience whatsoever.

If they are reading and monitoring this board, doesn't this mean they have full understanding of the lies they are promoting? Are they being blackmailed to do it or handsomely rewarded by the inner circle?

Some people here would like to believe that these 'leaders' are just "misguided".

I have a hard time believeing that they are innocent of what is really going on.

Thank you for posting.

Cameo-d

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi. It is nice to welcome another Aussie. You are about the same age as well, maybe we have met.

It is good to hear your story. As you mention, many have gone through the same issues on their way out. It certainly helps to know that you are not going insane, not evil, and the feelings and thoughts you have had over the years regarding the WTS is quite normal and legitimate.

My wife is going to the memorial tonight and taking my 14 month old son. I threatened to go but she begged me not to, most in the congregation think of me as a rabid apostate and would be quite fearful of me making a scene, not that I would. Well probably not.

• passwordprotected
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum,

For a minute there you had me hopeful that you were a Kiwi Cuzzie of mine, but, alas, that wasn't the case.

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Cheers

Chris

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. WELCOME

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit