Long time lurker, 1st time poster

by Mattieu 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi All,

Well where do I start, perhaps will go into more detail later, though briefly - 40 years young, raised in the truth (kingdom baby, which meant I was never going to make it to primary/secondary school/work/get married/have kids….) former MS, regular pioneer, learnt 3 foreign languages, served in foreign language group, married (wife still goes to meetings), beautiful kids, baptised at 15 years of age, regular pioneer at 15, grew up in divided house.

Hmmm, will go into my issues with all things organisational later, though firstly want to apologise, for being a self righteous spiritual pratt who did things by the book and sat with other Elders/MS’s and prejudged others for not doing enough and having a wrong attitude about all matters spiritual and organisational.

I stepped down as an MS over a year ago (they were grooming me to be an Elder), haven’t been to a meeting in 3 months, I knew it wasn’t the truth for a number of years and have struggled badly the last few years. Particularly with all the “new light” that keeps coming out as well as organisational scandals.

I discovered the old JWN site 2 years ago when I used to work with an Elder (ex Bethel Elder), he had the site on his computer! I asked him about it and he told me that he along with his CO and Bethel buddies monitor it! I remember last year someone started a topic asking if bethel do indeed monitor it, I wanted to register then and answer yes they do….

I am going to the memorial tonight with wife and kid’s and have chosen today as a pivotal day to register and join JWN, naughty me.

A big thank you to all you “apostates” for posting information that has helped me in my research of the WBTS, a big thanks to Blondie for her W/T comments, which I use in discussions with my wife (who is great in understanding my issues and stand now). On a side point, my last W/T study (DEC 08 I think) that I went to was when they used the reasoning that JW’s must be the true religion due to the face that even after the Nazi persecution they came out of it with increased numbers, a sign of Jehovah’s blessing. Well one of you posted that the Jews and Homosexuals must be blessed by Jehovah due to the fact that their numbers increased as well! I have used that reasoning on a few of my JW friends who had to agree that the W/T reasoning was wrong…

I am glad that Simon didn’t close the site last December and even happier that long time lurkers like me could register. Many of your old posts have been encouraging and as I have read of all your different accounts, I find it amazing that we have all been subjected to many similar experiences. There have been some things that I have seen happen in the organisation here in Australia that I used to feel that no one would believe and when I have discussed them with other JW friends, I get counselled for talking like an apostate! Go figure.

I am not DF’d or DA’d just inactive and we have about 30 in our cong who are in the same boat and I am not exaggerating when I say the local BOE just do not do any shepherding work at all. Even when I was a MS, I could skip a whole month of meetings and not get one call. And by the way, I thought it was just me who used to just write down false hours on the report slip! Towards the end I got very anti-report slip and explained to the PO that reports were not necessary any more, that the whole practice wasn’t scriptural. No wonder he avoids me like the plague.

Well I have rambled on long enough, thanks for having me, I feel like I know all of you through your comments over the last 2 years, and yes by the sound of it some of you have a crazy sense of humour like me! Boy did my humour get me into trouble over the years at quick builds/assemblies/meetings/funerals/memorials/weddings/MS schools/Betel visits/CO Visits…….

Especially sorry to those who faded around the time of the new understanding of the “generation” in 95. Instead of being critical of you and judging you according to organisational standards, I should have joined you in the fade….

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I had to refresh in order to reply. Welcome to our humble abode!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Interesting reading. Welcome on board

• Ri
    Ri

Good to read your post Mattieu...Look forward to reading more of your story

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome Mattieu! Hope you can get wife and kids out soon, so that they too can have a normal life.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Good to see more lurkers coming aboard. Welcome! I like the humor here too.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome. We have many fine folks from downunder.

Hope the wine and crackers are tasty this year. You have the blessing/curse of an earlier memorial. Here it won't be held for another 22 hours, and yours will be long gone.

Namaste

Jeff

• maryacclaim
    maryacclaim

I want to say as a recent add myself, it is nice to be able to say how you feel without thinking you're a horrible person. Also, from the way the Society is talking these days, stay with the fade. Lay low when need be, but I wouldn't DA yourself or get DF'd if you can avoid it. I have a friend who just faded quietly and its been about 10 years now. He goes to cong. and family functions with his wife and kids who are still followers, comes once and awhile to meetings just to say hi to old friends and works with and hires dubs without issue, and he does it all under the veil of DEPRESSION. I mean, who can argue mental illness. Point is, at least he can still see and hang with family, without them feeling bad about it. Yet, he and I have had discussions and he says that he's so happy now to be done with the Organization and is just working slowly on the family until they see the truth behind it without feeling he has gone apostate on them.

Anyway, welcome

MaryAcclaim

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome Mattieu- it seems that there is no end to the newly enlightened. I just finished up our Passover Seder by helping my wife clean up the kitchen. We had 16 for dinner at our home and it was the 3rd year I conducted a Seder. Yes, I am a former JW and this makes my 21st year officially out of the KH. I converted to Judaism in 2001 and you will find a real mix of religious opinion on this forum, but guess what? For the most part we all respect each others beliefs.

Shalom,

Moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit