JW's caught laughing at Child rapist accusers"

by Newly Enlightened 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "Message to this speaker : We ex-JW's will NOT shut up, we will NOT remain quiet about the criminal conduct of your crazy , insane organization and WT leaders crimes. Be prepared. We are here. We see. And we will come. We will expose. And we don't need our own church to do so. We have the Internet."

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Ghandi

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

'I vividly remember a circuit assembly where the speaker was talking about "false" claims against the society and how the elders would go to jail before disclosing any confidential matter to the authorities, and the whole audience erupted into applause."

The Elders go to jail? They would last about 2 seconds in there and start crapping themselves and probably stand to salute the flag just to get out. They don't have the b**ls to go to jail.

• cofty
    cofty
    elders would go to jail before disclosing any confidential matter to the authorities

Why would anybody think it a virtuous thing to withhold information about a potential child abuser from the authorities?

When I was young I used to hear a lot about "the persecution" when the authorities would turn against the "truth". Who would have thought it would be because of endangering children?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Horrific recording, glad it's out there.

Nah, it's not a cult, right?

You know, at the beginning of all this (my "apostacy") it was my goal to remain "in" so I can help my family "out."

However, I have come to see that I have family members who would laugh and hoot just like these bozos. They yukked it up at Tony's zone visit and raved how he was a "straight shooter" and he "told it like it is."

I simply can't have respect for or help anyone who views such garbage as coming from god.

The more of this crap I hear, the more I feel the day coming where my wife and I say to family, If you want this shit, you can have it, we're outta here. . . . ..

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

"elders would go to jail before disclosing any confidential matter to the authorities"

Well, they just may have to. And it won't be 'persecution'.

When, in England & Wales, judges issue subpoenae or Production Orders (as in the current Charity Commission -v- WTBTS case) failure to comply is contempt of court. Punishment is at the judge's discretion and includes imprisonment and unlimited fine.

WTBTS is, in its own mind, all-powerful. In reality, its not.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm not sure it's official jw material

1) introducing speaker as Mr....only heard Brother (45 years of public talks)

2) no term "body of faith" in any WT publication back to 1950.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Ugh. that was horrible.

The speaker made a big deal out of a young girl who said her father "touched her'. And then the speaker listed all the bad consequences that happened to the family...and THEN the young girl recanted, trying to put her family back together.

Of course she tried to sign a document saying her father didn't do it - she was being pressured to do so by what happened to her family because of her father's actions.

And yet, the speaker makes her out to be the one who victimized the family, along with the law.

The speaker's interpretation of events is truly disgusting and lacks any intelligent or reasonable explanation for the young girl's actions - rather than interpreting her "lie" as a maneuver to save her mother and family from the consequences of her father's actions, she is painted as the one who did something wrong.

The message I got is that victims shouldn't report their abuse because saying something about it will hurt the family. He reinforces the destructive practice of keeping secrets.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Here's the talk in context. (It made the jw-archive and is being played off as being taken out of context.)

https://soundcloud.com/jwlibrarian/johnson-ellwood-fight-the-fine-fight-of-faith

(If someone has time or the know-how to download from SoundCloud, you probably should as the Librarian is apt to remove the talk because it's being linked on an Apostate website.)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OphanCrow - "The message I got is that victims shouldn't report their abuse because saying something about it will hurt the family."

The 50s mentality is alive and kicking in the 21st Century.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I was able to verify, thanks to a JW site, that the speaker was a District Overseer by the name of Ellwood Johnson. The recording is from either 2004 or 2005 and the entire talk was in the Beast that Atlantis sent us.

UPDATE: https://youtu.be/T9tju7k1Dlk

Entire talk entitled "Fight the fine fight of faith" time stamp 59:44 for a bit more about apostates. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9q4qmu33q0efm85/Johnson%20Ellwood%20-%20Fight%20the%20Fine%20Fight%20of%20Faith.mp3?dl=0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit